• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Touch Rugby

conkermaniac

VIP
NLC
OK...we had this touch rugby test, and there is a lot of controversy over one question. It is: "What must you do when you have the ball?"

a) Run forwards.
b) Pass the ball.
c) Avoid being touched.
d) All of the above.

Naturally, I said "A" because the goal of the game is to move the ball forward. Just as in football, it's not such a bad thing to get touched as long as you move the ball up. After all, you get 6 chances.

According to my teacher, the answer is "C" because...well, she didn't give a reason. "It's the best answer," she said. Wait a second...are we playing tag here or touch rugby? Would you rather be touched, or would you rather run backwards and lose yardage, just to avoid being touched?

What do you guys think? :confused2

before you can score you need to run forwards AND avoid being touched.

though to avoid being touched you must run forwards.

but when you are touched you lose the ball.

and when you have the ball the object is not to lose it.

so C makes sence. sort of.

Originally posted by conkermaniac

a) Run forwards.
b) Pass the ball.
c) Avoid being touched.
d) All of the above.

Your teacher is a num nuts :rolleyes:

There is no correct answer.

a -> even if there is a brick wall infront of you? Umm No
b -> how are you suppost to pass the ball if your about to be crippled?
c -> Good in theiry but ... well stupid its a team game.
d -> All of the above when the situation is right would be better.....

Touch Rugby is okay though :)

Re: Re: Touch Rugby

Originally posted by MN-Carl
Your teacher is a num nuts :rolleyes:

There is no correct answer.

a -> even if there is a brick wall infront of you? Umm No
b -> how are you suppost to pass the ball if your about to be crippled?
c -> Good in theiry but ... well stupid its a team game.
d -> All of the above when the situation is right would be better.....

Touch Rugby is okay though :)

a: when has there ever been a brick wall on the pitch?

b: throw it. worry about the crippled part after it happens.

c: I was going to ask you if you were the team captain, just to be mean.
but you aren't stupid.

Originally posted by Gayowulf

but when you are touched you lose the ball.
In our game, the defense has to touch you 6 times (kind of like American football, except imagine 6 downs) before you turn over the ball. If you lost the ball every time the opposition touched you, I would choose C, too! :p

That doesn't sound like a whole lot of fun.

the worst I've had to deal with is nearly having my ears ripped off when I forget to grab a scrum hat. and maybe a concussion or two

Re: Re: Re: Touch Rugby

a: when has there ever been a brick wall on the pitch?

b: throw it. worry about the crippled part after it happens.

c: I was going to ask you if you were the team captain, just to be mean.
but you aren't stupid.

a ) They come in the form of props. I've had props almost take my eyes out with their elbow in real rugby. So naturally that isn't a brick wall I particually like :rolleyes:
Brick wall term is a small remark.

b) I did but that is useless if the other team already has you well and truely screw balled. I don't know what type of players you've played against but the school I used to go to was a very good Rugby school.

c) Nope. I was the good old winger (i'm not with the terms of Rugby, more of a Football / Tennis player myself. ) but my job was to run down the wing's and score tries... and try not to be crippled by the "defenders" as I call them.... sadly I was not always so luckly with my speed... just imagen a train hitting a solid 1 mile wall.... you'll get the idea ;)

a: I see your point. we had a prop everyone called fester. 6'1 320 lbs. he was so fat he had stretch marks. but he could run FAST. i'm glad he was on our team.

b: my school was the best in our region and in the top 10 of our province. we didn't really meet a challenge till we travelled. then we either won big or just got pounded. we played a team from england once. a grammar school. I forget the name. they won, but it was a good game.

c: I was referring to "stupid is a team sport :D".

and I know what you mean... no one within passing range ... scrambling to make the try. dodge. then SLAM. "whered that guy come from?"

maybe i dont miss playing sports.

Last edited:
from england once. a grammar school. I forget the name. they won, but it was a good game.
. [/B]

Sadly I never played Rugby as much as I should have. Was too busy working. We live and learn. :(

We have a grammer school but I doubt you lost to them.... :p

Back