• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

top 10 events of the last 12 months

7trax

Can y'all help me think up a list of the top 10 most significant events of the last 12 months? News from any country about any topic as long it seems to be very important. A friend of mine has been in isolation in jail for the last 18 months and he just wants to know whats up so when he gets out next month he doesnt have a heart attack when he learns that bush is still in office.

thanks

I would have to say the death of the Pope and the introduction of the new one is a pretty major event.

Of course, natural disasters were all over the place this year (floods in Thailand, Hurricanes in the southern states, etc)

Hmm....I can only seem to remember the tragic stuff :confused4

1. pope's dead
2. lots of people died in natural disasters
3. bush still president
4. www.theargsite.com
5. australians are hitting puberty later in life than americans
6. backpacking thru france no longer feasible

that looks good

Is your friend a sports fan?

White Sox win the World Series; anti-doping topic de jour
Lance Armstrong wins another Tour de France, french media stupidly suspects doping
NHL season wiped out by lockout; new season begins with ----load of new rules
Patriots win another Super Bowl; Terrell Owens still a douchebag

Paris Hilton marries Paris Whatshisname. Nicky Hilton marries a guy at Maloof's, [EDIT] gets the marriage annulled. [/EDIT]

Last edited:
uploadfront said:
asia tsunami, katrina

definately. Also Google's done a lot this year - namely loads of new software (ie talk & desktop) and a few things like base.

And here are some serious suggestions:

• Pope dies
  • Hurricane Katrina
  • British General Election; record 3rd term for Blair
  • England regain the ashes
  • Iraq begins democratic elections
  • Terrorists bomb the London Transport system

Just a few to get you started...

i just typed my reply out when ----ing aim pops up with the x right over the browser x, i go to hit x and the ----ing thing minimizes itself, making me press the browser x instead. so here goes a shorter version.

Blank Verse said:
Is your friend a sports fan?

White Sox win the World Series; anti-doping topic de jour
Lance Armstrong wins another Tour de France, french media stupidly suspects doping
NHL season wiped out by lockout; new season begins with ----load of new rules
Patriots win another Super Bowl; Terrell Owens still a douchebag

my buddy doesnt watch cycling or hockey, but sox (he's a yankees fan w00t!) and pats (go pats! w00t!) are in. doping is good to prove how sox cheated to beat yankees. don't think he knows about t o, which will probably upset him. thanks.

tandoc said:
Britney Spears got married. Twice. And had a baby.

whenever a celeb chick leaves the playing field, every man should know.

WideBand said:
Paris Hilton marries Paris Whatshisname. Nicky Hilton marries a guy at Maloof's, gets the marriage annulled.

whenever a celeb chick comes off the bench, every man should know.

themoose said:
Also Google's done a lot this year - namely loads of new software (ie talk & desktop) and a few things like base.

he's got some bad history with google, so anything about how google is doing good and better than everyone else would piss him off. the stock exchange would make him murder somebody.

andrewb said:
And here are some serious suggestions:

• Pope dies
  • Hurricane Katrina
  • British General Election; record 3rd term for Blair
  • England regain the ashes
  • Iraq begins democratic elections
  • Terrorists bomb the London Transport system

Just a few to get you started...

• got it
  • got it
  • he hate's blair as much as bush, so this may have the google effect, as mentioned above, on him
  • dont understand that
  • this may show to him that bush can be productive in iraq, be he'd always write me back a 20 page essay on how bush isnt anywhere near productive in this nation
  • he likes terrorit ----, that also reminds me of the french riots, all good reading

thanks, that has opened new forgotten events.

Thanks everybody, if anyone wants a cigarette or a jail penpal it is always available.

7trax said:
Thanks everybody, if anyone wants a cigarette or a jail penpal it is always available.

Blank Verse said:
Are you going to do this for me when I go to jail. Whenever that may be?

if you go to jail you should say, because if you go to jail and are in long enough to have someone send you news, then you would be in on a felony charge which you should not look into the future as a possibility. be optimistic. but if you do go to jail then have someone pm me and i can think about it.

but what i meant was if anybody wants a penpal in jail right now then i can give you an address to send them ---- even if it is pointless. getting mail in jail lifts your spirits. and you just might get someone interesting. my first time in jail, i learned how make free calls anywhere from payphones without using collect, how to make a pound of crystal meth in a month and enough gaelic to find my way around back country ireland.

7trax said:
my first time in jail, i learned how make free calls anywhere from payphones without using collect, how to make a pound of crystal meth in a month and enough Gaelic to find my way around back country Ireland.

Well aren't you the overachiever?

Back