• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

To Webdude: Question

Nick

NLC
Hey,

Webdude, can you please exaplain to me why a banner is required for WorldZone Pro if you have to pay? I mean, isn't the purpose of paying to get rid of the banner?

Ummmm....

Might make sense to move this to the PAID board since it's technically going to be a PAID host (damn good question though and I sure can't think of a reason ;) )

Re: Ummmm....

Whoops, forgot about the paid hosting board. Oh well, since Peo can move threads he'll put it in the right spot.

Originally posted by Ron Seigel
Might make sense to move this to the PAID board since it's technically going to be a PAID host (damn good question though and I sure can't think of a reason ;) )

On the Worldzone site it says something about the setup fee.
From reading it it does not make sense. Why would paid hosts be worried about worldzone pro?. People pay not to have banners on their site. People also pay to get a better service and faster response times both from support and the server.

Worldzone Pro is supposed to be fast?. no offense but angelfire and even geocities are faster.

The idea is good but putting banners on paying peoples sites does not make much sense. In a way you are ripping of the user. Taking their money and making money from ad's on the site.

P.S been down the pub again might not make sense .. Think i'm becoming an alkie.

Worldzone and Worldzone Pro have recently been experiencing problems that have unfortunately affected its speed. The problems are temporary, and if Webdude chooses, he'll explain them further.... :)

Oh, there's also an option to remove the banners for $5 a month.

Atlantis
Worldzone Support Forum Moderator

Ok, if it was $25/year then it would be a paid host with no banners...but since it is a one time setup....then it requires banners.

You see, almost every fwp offers something extra for a charge. In your thinking, that would mean they are paid hosts. Besides, Pro is an upgrade above Worldzone itself.

You guys can knock it all you want, I dont care. Negative advertising is better than none and as long as Ron and others sit here and knock it, more and more people will become interested in it....so keep on talking about it, good OR bad. No matter how bad you talk about it, it will only be promoting Pro and people will continue to go there and check it out. Thanks to our little discussion on the old board about it, I got tons of email from interested people, and still do (-:

Since so many fwp's fail because advertisors are so cheap, and the paid hosting market is so saturated and too competitive....something has to change, and Pro does that by meeting in the middle of both. So technically it's neither a paid host nor a free host. Regardless what YOU call it. So I sincerely hope there are a lot more 'Rons' and 'Flashtechnics' to do the free negative advertising for me like they did to AOL back then and helped them grow so much..hehe

Oh and by the way, you can say it wont work if you want. Lenny and others said my clickthru's would fall if I put banners at the bottom, well, the clickthru's went up and so the banners remain at the bottom. Just as Pro will succeed in the same manner..

[Edited by Webdude on 11-01-2000 at 02:19 PM]

Huh?

Originally posted by Webdude
You see, almost every fwp offers something extra for a charge. In your thinking, that would mean they are paid hosts. Besides, Pro is an upgrade above Worldzone itself.

Ummmm, actually when you pay a free host to remove the banners then they ARE a PAID host! Why is that so hard for you to understand?

Free = no money
Paid = You pay money (any amount)

Since so many fwp's fail because advertisors are so cheap, and the paid hosting market is so saturated and too competitive...

What are you afraid of? Don't you think perhaps the paid hosting marketing is 'saturated' (definately your word and NOT mine - I don't think it's even close to saturated) for a reason? The reason being that there's a CRAPLOAD (not to be confused with the CRAPattack joke) of business out there. It's only going to get bigger and bigger as more individuals and businesses go online. It doesn't take a genius to see that.

So technically it's neither a paid host nor a free host.

Is this like being almost pregnant??? It's a PAID HOST plain and simple. There's no way to intelligently dispute that (although you sure seem to like to try). I would have expected more from you Webdude than to simply stick your head in the sand and pretend it's not what it is. Guess I was wrong about you.

Hehe, I knew I could count on you to keep this going Ron. Ok, it's a discount paid host where for a MUCH lower cost, you agree to place our banners. OR, if you want no banners, you can pay the additional price of $5/month for no banners. Thats comes to $85/year, or just over $7/month. Still cheaper than almost all pay hosts for what you get.

Ok? So it's a pay host with an automatic option to get the lower cost of only $25 setup.

No...thats too easy. It's still a free host under those rules. Kinda like free things you can get (those stinking infomercials like CueCat), but you pay shipping. Hmm, guess that means the product itself isnt free....

Back