• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

.tk and co.cc free domain names

Sain Cai

Beautiful Daddy
NLC
Let me say they officially suck. co.cc accounts I guess are being banned from search engines and my .tk domain was cancelled for evidently no reason.

While I realize that these domains come with no guarantee, there still is no logical reason why they have to cancel a domain. It certainly wasnt because of low traffic, as in 2 days this month I have had 3X the minimum requirement for unique visitors.

Guess I will break down earlier and get my tld.

I broke down and got my own TLD a couple of months ago. I've been using subdomains for some 7 years. I had held off on the TLD because I didn't really grasp the whole nameserver thing.

I have had a TLD before, actually for the same site (Patriots Fanzone). What I also forgot to mention was how after 1 yr of having the co.cc domain, they wanted to charge me for it since it became somewhat popular.

No more free domains for me, subdomain is fine, but free ones where they screw you, nope.

.tk and .co.cc are for use as toys, or for testing purpose only.
Running any serious sites with them is equal to asking for trouble.

.tk and .co.cc are for use as toys, or for testing purpose only.
Running any serious sites with them is equal to asking for trouble.
Agreed. I've had a .co.cc once, but was using it only as a sandbox. And then forgot about it. When I tried to get back to it after a number of months, it was gone.

To be truthful, I prefer sub-domains for less serious Websites as I find them never disappearing on me. And domains for really serious Websites.

I'm using a .co.cc right now, they're blocked from search engines? Never knew that, suppose I'll fork out on a few domains.

I've heard of problems with .co.cc, but .tk problems are new to me. Did you receive any kind of email before the domain was deleted?

Newsflash: Free domains generally aren't real domains. If your serious about a business, get a .com.

I've heard of problems with .co.cc, but .tk problems are new to me. Did you receive any kind of email before the domain was deleted?

The problems with .tk domains was already an issue which exist long time ago.
When they found that the domain have very high hits, they will remove it and point it to their down domain parking page to gain profit from the domain.
When they found that there is not more hits, then only they will release the domain for registration again.

I have 6 of my .tk domains removed in just 1 day!
And their excuse is the sites violate their TOS, while those sites are just some blogs.
Very obvious, they are trying to steal traffics to their sedo pages.

When are people going to learn that the free domains aren't worth the hassle? All that to save $7 a year? Really? Most people spend more than that on lunch every day.

When are people going to learn that the free domains aren't worth the hassle? All that to save $7 a year? Really? Most people spend more than that on lunch every day.

Well, some people just refuse to learn their lesson.
They always think that free lunch are everywhere.
And they even just get some free reseller hosting to give away free lunch and promised people that they are going to survive very well.

The problems with .tk domains was already an issue which exist long time ago.
When they found that the domain have very high hits, they will remove it and point it to their down domain parking page to gain profit from the domain.
When they found that there is not more hits, then only they will release the domain for registration again.

I have 6 of my .tk domains removed in just 1 day!
And their excuse is the sites violate their TOS, while those sites are just some blogs.
Very obvious, they are trying to steal traffics to their sedo pages.

That is certainly a feasible explanation based on the traffic totals they show on their page:
Date Unique hosts
10/1 990
10/2 1253
10/4 48
10/6 6

Note when the post was made and on my review thread: 10/3 no website, high traffic. Now look on 10/4 when the site was back, little traffic.

CO.CC and CZ.CC both are dead for now. There is no use of registering CO.CC domains because they are not indexed by Google anymore. However dot.tk is still keeping the service up. But I've heard that they are taking the ownership of the domains if they get good amount of traffic. That is horrible!

If you are really serious of your business, my advice is not to register for free domains. You can start with a cheap domain like .info from GoDaddy which is 1.99$ for the first year. When your website grows up, you can acquire a .com or .net according to your business.

Well, some people just refuse to learn their lesson.
They always think that free lunch are everywhere.
And they even just get some free reseller hosting to give away free lunch and promised people that they are going to survive very well.

No doubt! Absolutely right there. I never did understand it as far as something so cheap as a domain name. Ah well.

No doubt! Absolutely right there. I never did understand it as far as something so cheap as a domain name. Ah well.

Anyway, some people do know that it is dangerous to use free domain.
Hence, they go for some cheap domain, such as .in and .co.uk.
Well, although they are using cheap domain names, but still, these small host who willing to invest in some cheaper price domain did prove that they are willing to invest to do their business.
:)

You can start with a cheap domain like .info from GoDaddy which is 1.99$ for the first year. When your website grows up, you can acquire a .com or .net according to your business.

Moving domains is a step you don't want to take if you can avoid it. It does nothing but cause confusion.

Just break down, pay the 9 or 10 freakin dollars and buy a TLD from the start. A lot of people can blow 9 bucks on a single trip to Ronald McDonalds.

Back