• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Tired of this!!

bluebull

I think the forum staff should put this rule in place, when free hosting services advertise they should put up if there are ads or not... because i just signed up with 3 websites and they all have ads.... and nothing was mentioned on the forum ad....I call it false advertisement,,, something needs to be done..

That would be unacceptable. Please state which host are doing this and link to their URLs and ads.

I agree, hosts who do not mention they require advertising in their offers should be given infractions - the offer is supposed to fairly explain their service, not to ignore ads/posting-requirements/link-backs etc.

How is it false advertising if they didn't advertise no ads? I'd be inclined to say it was your fault for signing up without reading the TOS (as stated) or enquiring before hand.

Just to add, don't go complaining because you couldn't be bothered to read the T&C's - it's not up to the hosts to provide an abridged edition for those that can't be bothered to spend a few minutes making sure it's what they need.

Plus since this is in free hosting discussions you have a cheek signing up today just to whinge then post as if butter wouldn't melt requesting free hosting with all the trimming for which you offer nothing in return.

World don't owe you nothing

I've never signed up with unlimitedmb. I was just simply replying to what james was asking.
I do not disagree with hosts that provide their services for free having advertisments.

All that i am stating is that more information on the offers would be helpful, such as file size limits, restrictions, etc. Vital information such as how they would earn their revenue in regards to providing these services should be included.

@ Decker, assumption is a form of distorted thinking. Not all people seeking free hosting fits the description you "assume" of them.

I'd just like to stick my two cents in here. Usually good hosts, and people who don't spam you with offers, follow your request and if you ask for no ads, their host doesn't have ads. Mine for example, I've only posted in topics that request no ads.

It's not a big deal or anything but when some posts on freewebspace.net forum under free hosting offers, i think it should be made where the offerer posts if they are ad free or not.... that's all and it would make everyone more happier...

It's not a big deal or anything but when some posts on freewebspace.net forum under free hosting offers, i think it should be made where the offerer posts if they are ad free or not.... that's all and it would make everyone more happier...

If you ask for ad-free, and someone replies with a host that requires ads, we try our best as mods/admins to delete these posts and infract/warn based on the content. We can't catch everything. If you ever see one out of place, please report it with the "Report this Post" button. That helps us out very much.

If a host does not specify if they are ad-free or not, that is not breaking the rules. If they are making an "offer" in the offer forum or replying to a thread where the original poster does not ask for ad-free hosting, there is nothing wrong with that.

Again, if you ever see something out of place, please Report it.

Well im sorry you found hosts that forced ads upon you. Good luck in future searches!

I was about to state some things however it seems that its been covered.

Though they DON'T mention they have ad's on their webhosting, they also don't say they do. Its always a good thing to read the ToS since I bet many people don't look at it, fairly important.

I've often looked in TOS for any conflict or "fine print" for offers, and while I've not done it much recently I will continue to do so (from time to time), and if there's forced advertising, or a file size limit, or anything else expressed in the TOS that I think should be noted in the offer, I've just replied with that information. If you do that in a respectful way, then hosts are more likely to want to include all the information in their offers.

I've often looked in TOS for any conflict or "fine print" for offers, and while I've not done it much recently I will continue to do so (from time to time), and if there's forced advertising, or a file size limit, or anything else expressed in the TOS that I think should be noted in the offer, I've just replied with that information. If you do that in a respectful way, then hosts are more likely to want to include all the information in their offers.
But the greater part of web hosting companies don't provide this info in their plans and even in TOS they are written with very little font.

Another sizeable information (for some uses at least) that you often have to go fishing for, or set up an actual account to test, is whether the sending of mail is enabled or not.

1. Read the post or ad.
2. Read the T&C's & FUP.

If there's still a question - ask the host, clearly and accurately by e-mail. that way a reply will give you something to refer to in case of dispute.

Remember that advertising and posting will only ever include the 'good' things, no form of marketing would embrace advertising the 'bad' things.

If you follow all the above and still have a problem try and sort it out with the host first by politely & calmly quoting their own rules/ad details that they are not sticking to and if that doesn't work then by all means tell us all about it :)

I think the forum staff should put this rule in place, when free hosting services advertise they should put up if there are ads or not... because i just signed up with 3 websites and they all have ads.... and nothing was mentioned on the forum ad....I call it false advertisement,,, something needs to be done..

2 things:

1. Its free hosting, you want guaranteed no ads? Pay the $$$ for it.
2. Read the TOS. If they dont say anything, then you may have a gripe, but remember, its free hosting. You arent paying for anything, they are.

...and above all, it's free - so why complain? It's not like you spent money, and can't get your money back. :rolleyes:

Back