• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Tips for a Newbie!

naturesfury

Me and my mate are starting up hosting, We have rregistered the domain and are going to buy the reseller account (from Leamhost.com). I was wondering if there are any scripts, services or anything else we might need? Im not sure how to take credit card payments, exept through payal.

Any advice aswell?

Help is much appreciated :applaudin

thanks
Lewis :coolmusic

After reading about your financial standings, why would anyone want to signup with a host that even says who they will resell from. Now you have to make your prices cheaper than leamhost.com

If anything you should have got a reseller with us, seen as we had one of those 'partnerships' your requesting again :classic2:

Starting up a webhosting business is alot of work. You should always have a business plan ready and drafted up before you even think about anything else (server, userside, content).

what is your problem? why are you all having a go at me! I only asked for tips!

And we do have a business plan, me and a mate who I have known for quite a long time were going to start hosting boefre but we decided the cost of the server would be too much and that we needed to start off small. So we are going to start off with a reseller account.

EDI: Oh and we are going to use paypal, nochoex, check and postal orders. And I have a business account on paypal so I can rceive credit card payment.s

Last edited:
Originally posted by idleserv
If anything you should have got a reseller with us, seen as we had one of those 'partnerships' your requesting again :classic2:

yeah but to be honest that wasn't much of a partnership. I was hoping to actually partner, not just me putting up 1 of your ads under my affilaites thing!

Originally posted by naturesfury
yeah but to be honest that wasn't much of a partnership. I was hoping to actually partner, not just me putting up 1 of your ads under my affilaites thing!

I tried, I asked you what you want me to do and you said nothing.

Originally posted by naturesfury
Me and my mate are starting up hosting, We have rregistered the domain and are going to buy the reseller account (from Leamhost.com). I was wondering if there are any scripts, services or anything else we might need? Im not sure how to take credit card payments, exept through payal.

Any advice aswell?

Help is much appreciated :applaudin

thanks
Lewis :coolmusic

Well hosting is a hard business to stay in. The industry seems to always take a nose dive downward. Alot (not all) of problems occur when you see people sign up for a simple reseller account with unlimited domains per account for $20 or less per month. They host a few or many for that one $20 payment. They have their reseller account from a provider they know NOTHING about, and often times we see things after a month or two:
1. That reseller with the 20.00 account "just got tired" of hosting and disappeared. Who is left with no site online? The client. Chalk another bad mark up for the industry as a whole.
2. Reseller is happy with their account, everything is running smoothly and then one day guess what? The reseller cannot access his site, all his client sites are down, and even the resellers UPSTREAM (provider) has vanished? This scenario, although BAD, can happen due to poor server administration, not paying THEIR bills, and about another hundred things.
Again, another bad mark on the industry.
I would advise ANYONE to thoroughly check out their upstream. Ive never understood why people choose to resell services they've never used. ALSO, IMO only I think your upstream should provide you with the answers to your very questions in this post!

thanks for the tips. And I have to start off with a reseller and when I get cleints I will upgrade until I have enough for a server.

Im not gonig to start off spending $100 a month. And now I've been paid for donig alayout for someone I can now afford to get good quality reselling account with good upstream rather than a cheap crappy reseller account from sum spoilt kid.

Originally posted by idleserv
Is that supposed to be aimed at someone here?

no not at anyone in particular, just those 10 year ols who are spoilt and buy a server then after 2 weeks of hosting they get bored and just disappear with out a host! As far as I know theres no-one like that here.

My last host was very good (chronichost.net) but he is ignoring me and he told me to change my nameservers and when I did my site went offline. I looked up the nameservers and they don't exsist!

Back