• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Time to rebuild my host spread

how about 2.5 / 100? you need any features (mysql, etc)?

you'll be the third account on the server, quad core 3.0, 8 gb ram :)

Logging in for Brandon

how about 2.5 / 100? you need any features (mysql, etc)?

you'll be the third account on the server, quad core 3.0, 8 gb ram :)

Sure, I'm aiming at what I believe is a modern but easy spec. (I think it's going to shake out at 1GB). I know for a fact I don't need that bandwidth more than a single day's spike. I don't need any features right now.

Send me a PM to get me started on the signup. I saw your forum but a focused signup link would be nice.

MilliR

Hi there Tao.

This seems interesting! I am surprised I didn't see this thread before. I would like to offer you the following off our H-Server for your endeavors/project.
1 GB space
10 GB Bandwidth
If interested, do PM me ;) Btw, what kind of mp3's are we talking about? Musical or some educational kind?

Music Mp3's, but extremely conservative on the copyright front.

My interest is public on this thread, so instead, how about you PM me a good signup link to get rolling. I checked your page but it looks like your instant plans have weaker specs.

Heh this is funny gang, I'll have some 8 hosts as a spread. Theoretically there's no limit - it's a longevity test, so I just make new icons for each host and observe them on a random basis. My thread opener said "2-3" because that was the minimum... But the response to my concept is great!

Sure, I'm aiming at what I believe is a modern but easy spec. (I think it's going to shake out at 1GB). I know for a fact I don't need that bandwidth more than a single day's spike. I don't need any features right now.

Send me a PM to get me started on the signup. I saw your forum but a focused signup link would be nice.

There is no real signup link. I was gonna create your account manually. You want any specific domain or username or anything? sub-domain?

Subdomain

There is no real signup link. I was gonna create your account manually. You want any specific domain or username or anything? sub-domain?

I have typically used taophoenix.______.___

I somehow never cared about my own domain, maybe because subdomains seem to be easier to set up.

BrandonsGames/ JustaPost added

I think that's the series ...
So I'll spend a fews days oranizing & reviewing, then I'll post an update.

How did I make it into second place!?.

By the way, why does my link on the site re-direct to your sub-directory when the others actually go to the site of the host?. Just curious.

Spread Notes

Third last! DOH!

Approximate!

cWahi gets lead because they have the risky postion of advertising unbelievable longevity + 650 horsepower.

Mwzaf MADE the list, because despite some server troubles, they are actually online at the moment, and they have a better spokesman lately.

Otherwise it's a big fluxy tie for the middle.

Turesweb was second to offer and responded extremely fast to my setup questions. At the moment Paradox was on Firefox so they ended up on second as the test host, but it's one of those nonexistent artifacts of design. (It so happens that I paired up a host with a browser, and I hate Safari! hehe.) Timelord put up with MoronClient emails, but I had to have SOME stable reference to test on. If I had to jab a pencil at it, I think Paradox had better uptime than mwzaf vs. order of setup.

Brandon is pretty good; he's ex-X10, moving towards a spinoff of his own. I like the JustAPost theme. I hope he finds a way to allow Stacked posts. I banged up a couple to spread the cheer.

Darksoul, I'll fix that quasi-soon. Turns out cWahi has some kind of Anti-Hotlink widget in place that auto-switches graphics to a hotfed banner. That's a pretty big strike - I'm not happy with my design getting torched, so they landed a "penalty link". I think I needed a baseline to prove the point cross-server, and then I finally ran out of energy. They also auto-feed a mini-banner. So that's a tough call, but they still get lead barely from their risky position.

One host may return; they were working this morning and then tanked midafternoon.

Heh - so I'm a ways out from my "2-3", and my design has room for 7 more! But the point is, it's a long haul test. So don't expect week-to-week fireworks. I'm not going to slam someone for a server outage. But the point of the dashboard is if someone finally falls off, I'll notice.

I'd say the first couple of checkpoints is sometime like January-March.

Glitch fixed

How did I make it into second place!?.

By the way, why does my link on the site re-direct to your sub-directory when the others actually go to the site of the host?. Just curious.

I fixed this today.
And free! At no extra charge! I added an "s" to the Paradox Servers button!

:idea:

I fixed this today.
And free! At no extra charge! I added an "s" to the Paradox Servers button!

:idea:

Sweet!. Assuming your still fixing it since its only fixed on cWahi :biggrin2:

Edit: Yup. Fixed.

Last edited:
Fast!

Blecch!

Folks, that's why the Dark One is in second place! I got distracted writing my tech support case for the hotlink bit and he caught it before I could spill-down the new file across the spread. :p

Back