• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

[Thread Closed] Why..

Status
Not open for further replies.
The WWW was created under the Bush Senor era...

And Eisenhower was republican.

Anyways, I will just say this... what did Carter do in his term in office? Nothing. Infact the entire world fell apart and he sent the American economy reeling.

And the Reagan adminstration made the American economy what it is today. Visit the site in my signature and you will see why.

BTW, as far as I am concerned the boom that was felt in the 90s was because of Reagan and not Clinton.

Last edited:
Originally posted by Giancarlo
The WWW was created under the Bush Senor era...

And Eisenhower was republican.

Anyways, I will just say this... what did Carter do in his term in office? Nothing. Infact the entire world fell apart and he sent the American economy reeling.

And the Reagan adminstration made the American economy what it is today. Visit the site in my signature and you will see why.

First of all, your opinion of Carter's or Reagan's competency is not the point of this. The point is that no administration can really make a claim to the internet. What they did in other areas doesn't change the facts.

And I stand corrected on the WWW part. IT was started late into Bush's reign. However, the WWW was started by CERN, a European research group. Bush Sr. can't make a real claim to that.

As for Eisenhower being Republican, you initally did not state Eisenhower had anytihng to do with it. My line "was started by only Republican presidents" was basically just pointing out your obvious Republican bias.

Last edited:
Originally posted by Owen

First of all, your opinion of Carter's or Reagan's competency is not the point of this. The point is that no administration can really make a claim to the internet. What they did in other areas doesn't change the facts.

Then tell your ally Gore to stop making claims.

And I stand correct on the WWW part. IT was started late into Bush's reign. However, the WWW was started by CERN, a European research group. Bush Sr. can't make a real claim to that.

Fine.

As for Eisenhower being Republican, you initally did not state Eisenhower had anytihng to do with it. My line "was started by only Republican presidents" was basically just pointing out your obvious Republican bias.

I didn't say Eisenhower had nothing to do with it... he did. When did I say that he didn't?

It has been strange that under every democrat adminstration the economy dipped right during the end of their terms. (LBJ, Carter, Clinton)

"Then tell your ally Gore to stop making claims."

And now the immaturity starts. Just because I am debunking your claim doesn't mean I support Gore. I disliked Gore heavily.

"Fine."

So, there was little actual contribution by the Bush and Reagan administration.

"I didn't say Eisenhower had nothing to do with it... he did. When did I say that he didn't?"

All I stated that you never mentioned Eisenhower. Reread what I wrote.

"It has been strange that under every democrat adminstration the economy dipped right during the end of their terms. (LBJ, Carter, Clinton)"

Please tell me GC, where I mentioned economy other than to give an analogy? I don't believe this debate is about the economy so don't make it one(although I do agree with you about it) to try to change to point of the conversation.

And now the immaturity started. Just because I am debunking your claim doesn't mean I support Gore. I disliked Gore heavily.

Sure....

So, there was little actual contribution by the Bush and Reagan administration.

And moreso by the Eisenhower and Nixon adminstrations, still republican.

All I stated that you never mentioned Eisenhower. Reread what I wrote.

Well I guess I forgot him...

Please tell me GC, where I mentioned economy other than to give an analogy? I don't believe this debate is about the economy so don't make it one(although I do agree with you about it) to try to change to point of the conversation.

The economy has got something to do with it because without the rapid growth that was felt in the 80s the economy would of never had an technological boom.

Sorry... people... had a tough day... did a three hour and half hour micro-economics exam... now next week I gotta do another 3 and half hour macro-economics exam... I am not in the best of moods.

"Sure...." (obvious sarcasm)

You have no idea about who I support. I am a moderate(not a right wingist like you). You are beginning to assume, which you get angry when other people do to you. Treats others like you wish to be treated GC.

"And moreso by the Eisenhower and Nixon adminstrations, still republican."

Not debating that. However it boomed also during the Carter and Clinton administrations. Besides that, no presidency really had any great effect on the Internet themsleves.

"Well I guess I forgot him..."

Yup. I guess you did. I guess we found sometihng you are not an expert on.

"The economy has got something to do with it because without the rapid growth that was felt in the 80s the economy would of never had an technological boom."

The internet was developed by government agencies, huge coporations, and foreign groups. Not by the every day public, affected the most by the economy. Besides, the economic slowdown wasn't a crippled economy like the Great Depression, so it wouldn't prevent corporations and other private entities from developing technology.

Last edited:
Sorry... people... had a tough day... did a three hour and half hour micro-economics exam... now next week I gotta do another 3 and half hour macro-economics exam... I am not in the best of moods.

I can sympathize with you there, GC.

Owen, Carter proved that there can be stagflation, and Clinton proved that an economic boom can be ended by government intervention with his stupidly high taxation rates that actually put strain on the middle class's income.

And don't be mocking my sig...

GC. Why do you continue to try to pound something into me about the economy which I already agree about. The economy and the development of the Internet are far apart, unless the economy becomes crippled, which it hasn't been since the Great Depression.

As for my sig, I do it to prove a point. I have taken classes or done something in each of the things I mentioned. Does that make me an expert. No. While in the topic of the military you do mention stuff I don't know, you have never mentioned anything about the economy that I do not already know, so that doesn't make you an expert.

Besides, until you start following your own advice and not insult or mock other people's ideas with your sig, I think mine will stay unless Todd or Peo asks me to remove it.

And I do not care if you are an atheist. I am not here to evangelize to you or anyone else.

No it is not. But you were insulting Spanish by indirectly calling them ignorant. Why did you say this then?

That is downright offensive the way you put it.

:rolleyes:
Robert asked why Americans think they own the Internet. Remember? THE TOPIC?

I commented that you [and others] had proved his point [by as usual discussing from a singular American point of view] even if you aren't American but Spanish [as you tell us in every other thread].

So, when and where did I directly or indirectly call the Spanish people ignorant?

Don't bother to answer. I don't want to talk to you any more. My empathy has come to an end.

As for my sig, I do it to prove a point. I have taken classes or done something in each of the things I mentioned. Does that make me an expert. No. While in the topic of the military you do mention stuff I don't know, you have never mentioned anything about the economy that I do not already know, so that doesn't make you an expert.

I am a damn expert in the field of the economy and military, including politics.

Besides, until you start following your own advice and not insult or mock other people's ideas with your sig, I think mine will stay unless Todd or Peo asks me to remove it.

You advice is false and sucks.

I am a damn expert in the field of the economy and military, including politics.

Giancarlo you will NEVER be an expert in these fields and most certainly not at your age. Even those with 40 years experience are not and never will be experts. :devious2:

Originally posted by Jan

Giancarlo you will NEVER be an expert in these fields and most certainly not at your age. Even those with 40 years experience are not and never will be experts. :devious2:

Go to hell... oh sorry, I don't believe in hell. Anyways, I am an expert and that is undeniable. Do you know what an oligopoly is? Or what a PPF curve is? Or what Marginal cost means? Or what GDP means? I doubt it. You know I am an expert.

And don't ever, I mean ever bring my age into this. It shows how pathetically lame your argument is. It is called jackassism.

Do you know what a "Every thread that turns into a politics debate Staring Giancarlo is boring" is?

I don't want it closed im just saying that a thread that could have turned out intersting had to turn into a political debate, and it does get annoying, but i have to say i haven't seen a political thread for a while, so they are slowing down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back