• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

[Thread Closed] wBB..cant find it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by conkermaniac

Probably true, but then again, WBB2 is an absolute rip-off. I predict that it's going to get shut down by warez. Jelsoft is already having trouble with warez, and they're probably the largest message board company out there. How is a bunch of individuals with no influence whatsoever, based in Germany as well, going to control warez? I say it's pretty darn unlikely.

Obviously you don't know the history of WBB. About a year back, on suspicions that wBB was a rip-off of vB, Jelsoft contacted Woltlab and asked them for an explaination. The code was shown to them and Jelsoft agreed that the code was very different from vB and it was not a copy of vB. Two well know mods at vb.com have also personally told me that vB dropped the case because the code was not similar and it just looked like vB. Obviously vB didn't have a problem with wBB looking like vB because when vB came out first it looked exactly like UBB. So they have done it and now others are doing it to them.

WBB2 has been re-written from scratch mainly to optimize for speed and good HTML and low server usage. Only a few lines of code of 1.1.1 remain, the rest of the code is totally new.

Please get your facts right before pointing fingers at others.

About warez, it's a universal problem in the software field. You can eliminate it completely, you got to live with it. I don't think warez will result in shutdown of woltlab because wbb 2 is a good product and it will survive. Also we have a good community which will report warez as soon as it finds it. I have personally reported 2 cases of warez even though it is still in beta.

Originally posted by LastActionHero

Obviously you don't know the history of WBB. About a year back, on suspicions that wBB was a rip-off of vB, Jelsoft contacted Woltlab and asked them for an explaination. The code was shown to them and Jelsoft agreed that the code was very different from vB and it was not a copy of vB. Two well know mods at vb.com have also personally told me that vB dropped the case because the code was not similar and it just looked like vB. Obviously vB didn't have a problem with wBB looking like vB because when vB came out first it looked exactly like UBB. So they have done it and now others are doing it to them.

WBB2 has been re-written from scratch mainly to optimize for speed and good HTML and low server usage. Only a few lines of code of 1.1.1 remain, the rest of the code is totally new.

Please get your facts right before pointing fingers at others.

About warez, it's a universal problem in the software field. You can eliminate it completely, you got to live with it. I don't think warez will result in shutdown of woltlab because wbb 2 is a good product and it will survive. Also we have a good community which will report warez as soon as it finds it. I have personally reported 2 cases of warez even though it is still in beta.

What does your little tale have anything to do with WBB controlling warez?

The first part of the tale explains why wBB is not a rip-off and the second part explains why warez cannot be controlled and small developers or companies depend on the goodwill of their customers/users/community to curtail warez.

Next time, take some time out to read posts.:rolleyes:

lol, lmao.... hahah u tell em lastaction man :D:D :)

yes i know, i have used wbb, and i personally love it :):):):p

but wbb2 is good, cept its in german :(:( and altavista aint a good source of translation.. :(

The first part of the tale explains why wBB is not a rip-off and the second part explains why warez cannot be controlled and small developers or companies depend on the goodwill of their customers/users/community to curtail warez.

Next time, take some time out to read posts.:rolleyes:

I did ready your entire post, but it seems like you have problems with English fluency...Nobody ever said anything about WBB ripping off vB. The word rip-off can also mean "too pricey", if you didn't know. This is still one of the funniest mistakes I've seen. :D

Next time, take some time out to use a dictionary. :devious2:

Last edited:

I did ready your entire post, but it seems like you have problems with English fluency...Nobody ever said anything about WBB ripping off vB. The word rip-off can also mean "too pricey", if you didn't know. This is still one of the funniest mistakes I've seen. :D

Next time, take some time out to use a dictionary. :devious2:
Well in that context rip-off sounded like a rip-off of vB.

heh...

aw wwellz whats the big deal. if the warez board owners are willing to pay for it. and they dont distribute it cuz otherwise they dont need to buy it. then everyone is happy.

wbb gets the cash, warez owners well, they get busted then either told to shut down or jailed..

its upto them :)

Originally posted by Frizconoskiato

wbb gets the cash, warez owners well, they get busted then either told to shut down or jailed..

But the fact is that WBB has no ability to control warez. Even if they do find tons of warez boards, WBB cannot do anything about it. They can't get these people jailed or even get these boards shut down without extremely hard work, unless the warez owners live in Germany. And what are the chances that an owner of a warez English WBB board lives in Germany?

25%?? ;)

yes i know what u mean mate. but what i m saying is that wbb is good. and well if someone wants to run a warez board, let them, vbb is taking things into their screwed up hands and trying to be really *good* with the authorities.. for some reason they think that busting warez boards is good..

FFS, its not good, u know why, well if the warez board only has links to the files/appz/games/movies/etc etc... then they can send mail to the host and ask them to remove file.

the warez board can be used to the aid of busting warez, not the aid of killing the idea of warez down..

hell its impossible..

edit : aint lastactionhero a developer of wbb?

Last edited:

Probably true, but then again, WBB2 is an absolute rip-off, in terms of price. I predict that it's going to get shut down by warez. Jelsoft is already having trouble with warez, and they're probably the largest message board company out there. How is a bunch of individuals with no influence whatsoever, based in Germany as well, going to control warez? I say it's pretty darn unlikely.
WBB is getting into some trouble with vb too for copying them. Not sure about the details though.

Originally posted by The Red Guy
WBB is getting into some trouble with vb too for copying them. Not sure about the details though.

Where did you hear that? Look at my post on the top and you will know the full details.

Last edited:

But then I still think OBB or IBF is faster after visiting their forums.

Originally posted by Frizconoskiato
25%?? ;)

yes i know what u mean mate. but what i m saying is that wbb is good. and well if someone wants to run a warez board, let them, vbb is taking things into their screwed up hands and trying to be really *good* with the authorities.. for some reason they think that busting warez boards is good..

FFS, its not good, u know why, well if the warez board only has links to the files/appz/games/movies/etc etc... then they can send mail to the host and ask them to remove file.

the warez board can be used to the aid of busting warez, not the aid of killing the idea of warez down..

I understand what you're saying, and I can see that you're on the wrong track. You've totally misunderstood what I've said. :)

When I said "warez board", I was talking about a paid board (vB, UBB, etc.) in use that was not legally paid for. I was not referring to a board for discussing warez topics. In fact, I was saying that the board script itself is already warez! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back