• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Thoughts on Windows Server 2012 ?

sarmth

Hey everyone.

I recently received a Windows VPS with Server 2012 installed. To say the least, I hated the amount of resources server 2012 used, however, I am pleasantly surprised at how the OS scales it's own resource usage around the resource requirements of applications!

The interface made me feel like vomiting.

What are your experiences with Server 2012 ?

I'm surprised at the viewpoint, it's got a very positive reception generally. Ok so the UI may not be to everyone's taste but the actual back end services it offers are strong. Each to their own of course, Linux servers are of course very proficient in their own right but as a platform for backoffice applications I am surprised you find it so disappointing.

It is totally different technology compared to previous versions.
Lightweight with tones of new features.

Well... My solution to Not using windows for a server came with Mono (Gosh how I love mono!) 5 minutes later, my server application was running on a *NIX box! LOVE IT!

Back