• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

This is NOT a request forum!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeX

ლ(╹◡╹ლ)
NLC
People, this is a forum for hosts that have offers to make. You don't make requests in here!!! If you want free hosting, go post in the free webspace section. If you're going paid, please visit the paid hosting section.

I'm not a mod, nor do I have the intentions to be one here, but I can't stand it any longer. I have to say something regarding the increase of request threads popping up in this forum.

If we were to strictly play by the rules, then this post is violating it, so if you (mod) want to move/lock/delete this thread, I'm perfectly okay with that.

Admit Edit: Forum readers, please also read the rules before posting a message:
http://www.freewebspace.net/forums/announcement.php?forumid=27

Yes I agree, we host get "bashed" when we break the rules in the paid hosting forum by the moderators (which to some the rules aren't clear including myself) but hey aren't you guys contradicting yourselves by leaving these posts here?

Lex, people post in the wrong forum all the time (all over the place). We move the threads to the proper forum. Not sure why this annoys you here in this forum so much but...

Myacen, do you see threads left here? I've tried to move these to the proper place but if I've missed some, please report it.

Hosts don't get bashed, if their posts are in violation of the guidelines, their posts are removed. It isn't rocket science, it is explained in the paid hosting guidelines, but people ignore either the guidelines or they simply don't read the first post and just see it as an opportunity to post their offer. You have to read the first post and determine (by the wording) if they are looking for offers or suggestions from other members. When in doubt, email/PM the offer directly to the person making a request.

Originally posted by LeX
People, this is a forum for hosts that have offers to make. You don't make requests in here!!! If you want free hosting, go post in the free webspace section. If you're going paid, please visit the paid hosting section.

I'm not a mod, nor do I have the intentions to be one here, but I can't stand it any longer. I have to say something regarding the increase of request threads popping up in this forum.

If we were to strictly play by the rules, then this post is violating it, so if you (mod) want to move/lock/delete this thread, I'm perfectly okay with that.
Since when did you become a mod :D :biggrin2: :cool2:

Originally posted by Chicken
Lex, people post in the wrong forum all the time (all over the place). We move the threads to the proper forum. Not sure why this annoys you here in this forum so much but...
Yes, I know, I wouldn't have cared if there were only one or two misposted threads, but there has been a significant increase lately... and it seems people are asking for stranger things with every new thread that pops up.
I understand how some people may be confused as to where the topic of their thread should belong, but this is ridiculous! It's kinda like asking someone to do a review of your site in the Site Feedback section, when it specifically says "Let us know if you have any suggestions or feedback about FreeWebspace.net." So people posting request threads in the section where it clearly says "Webhosts can advertise what they offer." is kinda outrageous. It's different from wondering whether you ought to post questions about your layout in the Webdesign/HTML or Review My Site section.

Besides, this thread can constitute as a bit of look-before-you-post thing for the people who can't read the fine text on the main page.

MindRash... I don't know whether you said that on purpose or not, but that annoys me very much. Did you even bother reading what I posted?? You even quoted my post!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back