• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

TheHosted

Decker

Officially Old!
NLC
Here's a quick off topic question. :topic:

Why am I suddenly getting spam email advertising your service from a female at a email.itt-tech.edu email address?

First off I would like to offer my sincere apology. After looking into this matter this morning it seems that one of our sales reps was using the owner’s pc and used the wrong send address, as this is her personal email. I assure you this matter will be taken care of right away! With our rapid expansion we have been sharing computers the last few days until our new ones arrive. Once again I am truly sorry.

I am the owner and had made this account for my sales reps to advertise with. I have fired and filed a lawsuit against the rep who sent the spam mail out. He was on my computer at the time it happened so it came from my email. I have read over many posts on this site and some I did not make! I have emailed the admins to have these removed! I do apologize for his acts. And to answer where your email came from, I used to work for GeekRack, so while he was on my pc he was also in my bookmarks. I know this is no excuse for what has happened I have already talked with Shequeita about this. I assure you that I am in no way trying to take her customers and I can't change what my ex sales rep did. Once again I am very sorry! I assure you the password on this account has been changed and no one will use it but me.

Couple of points there, bookmarks do not have e-mail addresses, you do realise that you have just stated that you took information from GeekRack with you (this is something that does not sit well with me at the moment due to another issue), you contacted Shequeita today when others are awaiting answers from her, including me.

I can supply the list of e-mails that the spam was sent to, and it seems you have no rights to have them - I therefore insist that immediately you delete this list.

And as 'he' was on your computer you have no right to file a suit against him, you are responsible and I take it you are Michelle.

I do dispare at all this, so many basics missed out. None of you should be in any way offering services to others.

I am aware of that now, I hadn't read any of your policies yet, this forum was highly recommended so I signed up and left it for my head sales rep. He assured me he was going to be the only one using it. As of now that won't be an issue anymore.

I would also like this thread to be closed please:) as all issues have been resolved.

Decker if you would like to further discuss anything feel free to email me at michelle@thehosted.com

Michelle im sorry but that is complete ----, I checked the emails and everyone was a geekrack clients including mine which im intruegued as to how you got it as the only place i have used/shared this was signing up for the geekrack client area.

So basicly you have just stolen all private client data which could lead to a lawsuit, Although you may deny it your post in a previous question by Jan stated "my company is expanding and geekrack clients who i dealt with personaly via email and im are now clients".

So basicly your "rep" stumbled upon your geekrack account and singlehandedly pipped out all emails from clients and emailed from YOUR email address.

Unless your "rep" lives with you i doubt your story is correct as i know you work from home you have even stated this to me in the past!

Rant over - Respect for you lost.

No bookmarks dont have emails but my firefox has all my passwords saved so the access I had was there. I can actually file suit against him as per my attorney that he was in information that was none of his business. I can sue for violation of privacy. I have found all the emails in logs that this went to and am in the midst of writing an apology to everyone. As soon as I get my kids to bed it will be sent out. Once again I am very sorry please email me if you would like to discuss this further. Thanks

So basicly you have just stolen all private client data which could lead to a lawsuit, Although you may deny it your post in a previous question by Jan stated "my company is expanding and geekrack clients who i dealt with personaly via email and im are now clients".

So basicly your "rep" stumbled upon your geekrack account and singlehandedly pipped out all emails from clients and emailed from YOUR email address.

Unless your "rep" lives with you i doubt your story is correct as i know you work from home you have even stated this to me in the past!

Actually I don't always work from home now that we have expanded:) and my rep lives very nearby so yes at times he is at my place. And as far as him finding it, I work for 3 companies so yes my favorites have folders with each company name on them. Only way to keep all my information straight. I talked to you about working from home over a week ago and in the last week my work load has tripled and so have my clients.

It's funny when we talk on MSN you seemed to ok with everything when I told you what happened but now on a forum you want to argue. I have better things to do then argue! As for this thread I am done responding if you would like to discuss anything further please feel free to email me.

Why am I suddenly getting spam email advertising your service from a female at a email.itt-tech.edu email address?

Wow mailing lists starting already... this getting interesting...

First off I would like to offer my sincere apology. After looking into this matter this morning it seems that one of our sales reps was using the owner’s pc and used the wrong send address, as this is her personal email. I assure you this matter will be taken care of right away! With our rapid expansion we have been sharing computers the last few days until our new ones arrive. Once again I am truly sorry.

Okay well thats funny, you all share 1 computer with the same login information, fair enough your company is poor...

I am the owner and had made this account for my sales reps to advertise with. I have fired and filed a lawsuit against the rep who sent the spam mail out. He was on my computer at the time it happened so it came from my email. I have read over many posts on this site and some I did not make! I have emailed the admins to have these removed! I do apologize for his acts. And to answer where your email came from, I used to work for GeekRack, so while he was on my pc he was also in my bookmarks. I know this is no excuse for what has happened I have already talked with Shequeita about this. I assure you that I am in no way trying to take her customers and I can't change what my ex sales rep did. Once again I am very sorry! I assure you the password on this account has been changed and no one will use it but me.

Now Her is now a He.. Okay well interesting.. this keeps folding out.. Oh now you admit you stoled details from one company trying to have them signup with you.. Well yep your a trusted company..

I am aware of that now, I hadn't read any of your policies yet, this forum was highly recommended so I signed up and left it for my head sales rep. He assured me he was going to be the only one using it. As of now that won't be an issue anymore.

I would also like this thread to be closed please as all issues have been resolved.

Decker if you would like to further discuss anything feel free to email me at michelle@thehosted.com

Thanks

Okay what the hell am I missing, now your not the sales rep your yourself. Grr am I the only one thats confused here?

Michelle im sorry but that is complete ----, I checked the emails and everyone was a geekrack clients including mine which im intruegued as to how you got it as the only place i have used/shared this was signing up for the geekrack client area.

Rant over - Respect for you lost.

Great, there we go again, GeekRack should be charged with failure to comply to there own damn terms of service. Good job, now we got two scam companies running lovely...

No bookmarks dont have emails but my firefox has all my passwords saved so the access I had was there. I can actually file suit against him as per my attorney that he was in information that was none of his business. I can sue for violation of privacy. I have found all the emails in logs that this went to and am in the midst of writing an apology to everyone. As soon as I get my kids to bed it will be sent out. Once again I am very sorry please email me if you would like to discuss this further. Thanks

Again an him, okay I guess this is getting long now.. But please explain yourself you called them a her, then a he, then yourself, then a he.. I am confused as hell.

And yea, you can't charge someone when your sharing a computer, and the owner is so stupid to have 1 account login on that pc.. Your company's fault. But yea, I would be recommending Decker take you and GeekRack to court for breach of the PP.

Actually so can I sue for my violation of privacy, both you and GR now, I don't believe you in simple terms you seem to have a list of GR contact emails, myself and Jordan have just communicated over email addresses that we never exchanged but were in the spam mail recipient list.

This does actually mean you have a list of email addresses you should not have, and I question your timing as in this forum I have expressed discontent with GR, I take it that you have breached my privacy.

Get your piggy bank out and accept you've been caught, as your no way close to being clever enough to pull something like this off.

Last edited:
I could take michelle to court aswell, I never asked for the unsolicited email she sent me nor did i let her get my data which to be honest if you have my email you could have my address ect and im not happy with your excuses on this matter!

Jordan, didnt you see, He/She/IT/OP said to email Michelle@thehosted.com if that person was fired why the hell is the email address still there. The fact is the OP is michelle and you could take him/her/it to court.

I Agree Ls, this whole story just doesn't tie up Kudos to you for pointing out her/its story change.

I wouldn't have a clue where to start with a legal case, but ill be in contact with you decker regarding this possibly getting some ground on where to start!

As I stated before not every post on this account was made by me! This is a legal matter between me and a former employee and it is being dealt with. As I also stated before I talked to Shequeita for a bit earlier once I meet with my attorney again tomorrow if she would like to be included in the lawsuit I will give her every chance to be. Due to the legal situation I will not be posting anything else about this matter! If you would like to discuss this further you can email me.

Back