• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

The New Skin + Scrolling Issue?

Matt8

All? No, ALL!
NLC
For some reason, scrolling in Firefox 3 on the forums that require me to use the thread is choppy and bad.

It didn't use to be like this I don't think. I didn't make any changes. And don't turn this into a Browser war, don't wanna hear it. Keep on topic.

Secondly, what is the status of us being able to use the original skin everywhere with the ads? I want to rekindle that flame because I just really like the original skin the best.

What OS do you use, how much RAM, what's your processor speed?

Also, if windows, do you have visual styles turned off? (turning it off will increase the smoothness of the scrolling, it should anyway.)

Also, is your mouse a PS/2 or USB?

Haha, my machine is more than adequete and my visual styles are not a problem. Again, no website seems to hate me as much as the new themed FWS.

Haha, my machine is more than adequete and my visual styles are not a problem. Again, no website seems to hate me as much as the new themed FWS.

You can switch back to the old theme (but not for certain forums like free webhosting requests)

New Skin??
Ive been using FWS stretched since i joined, its much better than the crappy default VB Style.

Whats this "New Skin" you guys are talking about?
Nothing seems any different to me, other than some subtle changes.

PS. Scrolling working fine for me in in FF3 on both skins.

I'm using FF 3.0.1 and there's no problem scrolling this forum in the new skin. Can you describe the problem in more detail?

There's no solution to the original skin problem at this time if I want to keep forum sponsorships.

If I scroll FAST through any thread/post/forum listing in the new (FWS Stretched) skin it is very jumpy and uneven. Problem does not exist in any forum that uses the normal skin

and of course ipod/iphone issues (crashes safari). could we get this skin re-coded?

I second what JohnN said. In FF3 for me as well it does stumble when scrolling quick. Could it get re-coded more efficently?

I notice some slight delay when scrolling fast. I think the buttons and colors have been changed but not too much in the code. We'll see what the designer thinks.

If anyone notice this somewhere else or have any idea what could be causing this, let us know.

Back