• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

ThE LongesT ThreaD EveR

thank you
hope to get this project working
im thinking of ways the spounsers can make money pm me

Naw Mtw, rest a little, we're doing this so you're not exhausted trying to scavenge up a couple of bucks. We need you to take a day to rest up and then start talking to JJW about the tech stuff.

To quote the other thread that has since been closed:

Deeplist do you have kids? If you do have you ever heard them say they are going to be something that you know they probably won't? Same deal. You still encourage them.

Yes, I have kids. Two boys. And it's NOT the same situation at all. Something you all need to learn, he's not some 6 year old kid who dreams of becoming a firefighter or an astronaut. It's not the time to say, "Yeah son, you can be anything you want to be." There's a point in a child's life when it's time to start being realistic. This kid, should be past that point. Also, there's a big difference between encouraging and enabling. You don't keep setting him up for failure, you're only enabling him to fail AGAIN. Don't you get it? He's tried already and failed. We already gave him the benefit of the doubt and it's obviously just not in his deck of cards. He doesn't have the mentality to pull it off. You don't give some kid who has big dreams of becoming a pyrotechnician a box full of fireworks and say, "Go have fun," because he's just going to end up blowing his hand off.

Last edited:
You don't give some kid who has big dreams of becoming a pyrotechnician a box full of fireworks and say, "Go have fun," because he's just going to end up blowing his hand off.

Thats right you don't, you take him out and you teach him about pyrotechnics.

Yes, I have kids. Two boys. And it's NOT the same situation at all.

And how are they lets go with 6. So take a teenage boy who due to his disability. He is not at the same mental capacity as some one of his age normally is he is at the level of a 8-10 year old.
you have to look at it different.

And how are they lets go with 6. So take a teenage boy who due to his disability. He is not at the same mental capacity as some one of his age normally is he is at the level of a 8-10 year old.
you have to look at it different.

That might be true, and in that case, you give him responsibilities that are within his mental range. He will eventually have to understand that his range of what he's capable of is below everybody else. He'll ultimately have to settle with a broom and a dustpan somewhere because that's all he has the capacity to successfully accomplish.

Anybody can play the "stupid" card and get hand outs. I feel that's the case here. This kid has been full of nothing but excuses since day one and I'm not buying it any longer. Disability or not, he needs to get with reality and apparently you all do too. It will certainly be interesting to see how this plays out.

jjw even though i havent been following much i know enough to say.... Why not go review my offer to mtw and think about it. You cant just give him a vps he dont know what to do... Ill teach him as well as him figuring it out...

jjw even though i havent been following much i know enough to say.... Why not go review my offer to mtw and think about it. You cant just give him a vps he dont know what to do... Ill teach him as well as him figuring it out...

I highly agree with this. If hosting is what he really wants to do, he needs to start out working with an already existing entity and learn some things (a LOT of things) before trying to make it on his own. It's just not going to work any other way. JJW, you think you're going to help him out, but you're not. It's only going to make things worse. We've tried this already and he's proven that he's incapable. He needs to crawl before he can walk and if his "disability" truly is genuine, you can't just throw another VPS at him. Trust me, I've dealt with enough "wannabe hosts" over the last decade to know for a fact that he's not going to make it, at least not at this point.

He'll ultimately have to settle with a broom and a dustpan somewhere because that's all he has the capacity to successfully accomplish.

Really is this what you would say to an amputee? A just learn your never going to run again? You can't be what you want to be? There is a guy that
got told he can't compete in the olympics cause his prosthetic leg is an unfair advantage cause it gives him added bounce.

@Zombie right now i have no respect for you at all for the comments you made earlier about abortion. As for giving him a vps, if he want to learn something but doesn't have a computer that i can connect to that i can help with learning. Where is the playground to teach him at?

@Decker while there are reasons you feel the way you do. I look at it as everybody deserves a chance. The way you put it is that basically if a kid grows up in a gang and doesn't go to school the only thing he is gonna be is a drug dealer and can't make himself a better life cause all he is ever gonna be is a drug dealer.

I highly agree with this. If hosting is what he really wants to do, he needs to start out working with an already existing entity and learn some things (a LOT of things) before trying to make it on his own. It's just not going to work any other way. JJW, you think you're going to help him out, but you're not. It's only going to make things worse. We've tried this already and he's proven that he's incapable. He needs to crawl before he can walk and if his "disability" truly is genuine, you can't just throw another VPS at him. Trust me, I've dealt with enough "wannabe hosts" over the last decade to know for a fact that he's not going to make it, at least not at this point.
i started useing comuters in 2001 when 0.5mbps idsl was still around in 95% of placers and 2mbps boraband had not taken off i started makeing websites in 2006 and after that in late 2010 i started looking into becomming a webhost made my first webhost in feb 2011 i can sit a pc for hours codeing

That might be true, and in that case, you give him responsibilities that are within his mental range. He will eventually have to understand that his range of what he's capable of is below everybody else. He'll ultimately have to settle with a broom and a dustpan somewhere because that's all he has the capacity to successfully accomplish.

Anybody can play the "stupid" card and get hand outs. I feel that's the case here. This kid has been full of nothing but excuses since day one and I'm not buying it any longer. Disability or not, he needs to get with reality and apparently you all do too. It will certainly be interesting to see how this plays out.

You're being snarky with the dustpan comment, but we are trying to get him to stay within his abilities, which is more like monitoring & low-level managing stuff rather than full installs. Something will show up in the Medium Future, and then we'll all be happy with reality.

The way this will play out is ... nothing dramatic will show up under the fire of the flaming. So y'all had your fun, give him some space. He'll thrash around trying to figure out what he wants - I think it's that he vaguely wants to "help people on the net" but he has the implementation horribly wrong. So we'll unravel that. Then he'll botch the first,second, and third tries. The fourth will sorta be promising. A few more botches and then finally something will hold together.

You're being snarky with the dustpan comment

It's called being realistic. I haven't been around this long by wasting time on every wannabe kid host that showed up on the radar. But hey, if that's your prerogative JJW, so be it. And Tao, if you want to flush your money down the toilet, that's your choice too.

@Deeplist who crushed your dreams that made you so sour (not able to say your wife either as they crush all our dreams).
Also why is it such a bad thing to let someone explore to find there limits? Why not let him have more than 2 chances and a day?
If the first time you failed at something and walked away where would you be today?

Back