• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

The Fool is at it again!

MotleyFool

Hello Friends!

Thanks for all the enquiries and sign-ups to my offer last week and special thanks to FWS for the opportunity to meet buyers!

Valai Networks has a juicy offer this week...

10MB space
100 MB Data Transfer/month
5 pop3 mails
1 FTP account
3 subdomains
Cpanel
Neomail Webmail
NO CGI/PHP/PERL [sorry about that!]
No warez, mp3 or adult content...

Just 9.95 $/year !

Great for personal websites, small info sites or family/small biz email solution...

Contact admin@valai.net

Many thanks for your time..

Cheers
Balaji

kamejoko,

I dont know what is Porland... and I couldn't quite follow your meaning.

If you are saying if our plan is too small or something, I can tell you that a number of my small business clients are only on that plan and have generally about 5MB to spare!

If there is anything in particular you wish to know please let me know

Cheers
Balaji

I think what he means is 100mb Transfer is not that much at all. I think that is like 10 visitors a day or something? I'm not sure....but it isn't much.

No MP3 files when you are paying for hosting? I can see free hosts not allowing it, but???

Phan

Originally posted by MotleyFool
kamejoko,

I dont know what is Porland... and I couldn't quite follow your meaning.

If you are saying if our plan is too small or something, I can tell you that a number of my small business clients are only on that plan and have generally about 5MB to spare!

If there is anything in particular you wish to know please let me know

Cheers
Balaji

Portland is http://www.portland.co.uk

They offer

15 mb of webspace
100 mb of data transfer a month
CGI
PHP/MYSQL
SSI
FTP
Domain Hosting
E-mail forwarding
No Ads
and co-brand hosting under your domain

all for free....so your offer isn't really special...

And quicker (Had to correct Chicken) unless he considers reliable as the combination of speed, uptime etc.

Robert

Am I allowed to explain?

Hi Friends,

Since there have been many threads , I thought I will reply rather than edit my post. Hope it's okay with Chicken.

I have started on Oct 24 ,2001 and I have hosted about 20 sites in the 10MB plan. They occupy 1-2MB and use 2 emails [a catchall and an owner's] and dont push more than 25MB transfer. And the amazing thing is a few of them have done business using static html pages [just the way I have been doing fairly brisk business with static html pages and zero dollars spent on site design]. [I cant give my customer's URL without their permission]

My server uptime last month was 99.5 % and this month it has so far been 100% [touchwood]

The maximum load my server has pushed is 1.2 when I was trying some gimmicks with PERL

The server has 18GB of SCSI harddisk and the pre-paid transfer is 150GB /month. So if I have to be fair to other sites on the shared hosting plan, how much transfer should I allocate for 10Mb?

There are sites like 0catch or netfirms giving 100megs etc free; it is part of their business plans and I dont think free hosting sites are my competition at all. [In fact I dont think any one is my competition, because I am looking at 300+ sites -mostly small business sites- on a long term basis and offer personalized service; there is enough room for all players, as long as they play a fair game]

Besides, I have costs too... Even if I consider the time I spend on my business to be free [which normally goes at 80$ /hour], I have tangible costs in terms of server costs , Internet costs, and other operating costs.

I have signed up a few customers for this plan whose major need was to have ISP independent pop3 and SMTP email [@home refugees]

Lets say Ms.X is an interior designer and wants to put up her brochure online and a few of her project photos on the web; and she wants a corporate image so out she goes and takes a domain msxdesigns.com or whatever and puts up a 5-6 page web-site.. how much is this facility worth for her? Particularly if I can register a domain for her at 7$/year? For less than 2$ a month doesn't she get a huge image boost?

I want to offer the lowest total cost of ownership for small businesses and individual professionals in putting up a starter site. That is my target market...

For all the rest there are power hosts that are also free!

Cheers
Balaji

Back