• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

The best php no-database forum script ?

saikosys

I was looking for a forum script which DOESN'T use a mySQL but only PHP. At hotscripts I found a few but I don't know which to use.

- PBLang
- Phorum
- Ultimate PHP Board
- S8Forum
- ADP Forum
- NavBoard
- EdgeBoard

Are there any others? Which one would you recommend?

Originally posted by saikosys
I was looking for a forum script which DOESN'T use a mySQL but only PHP. At hotscripts I found a few but I don't know which to use.

- PBLang
- Phorum
- Ultimate PHP Board
- S8Forum
- ADP Forum
- NavBoard
- EdgeBoard

Are there any others? Which one would you recommend?
I always thought Phorum required a database. Anyways I only tried Ultimate PHP Board, they somewhat okay, clean look and all. Been in development for quite a while.

I am impressed with navboard I think it is great

also It doesn't want to work with safe mode on I think as I couldn'
t get it to work with host.sk

Originally posted by zoobie
I heard those flat file boards can be easily hacked...dunno myself. :D

There is always an trade off for everything. But take note that this factor influences th developers to be more responsive or kept on their toes to the public customizations and 'demands'.

Originally posted by lotsofissues
Out of curiousity, what are some of the advantage some people see in flat boards over database boards?

They enable users without MySQL access to operate a forum, plus some of them offer simplicity over other boards.

Back