• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Testing this out!

TaintedPearls

I opened my site on November 19th 2005. I am now getting around 100 to 200 visitors a day. I would like to sell ad space. I am trying to get an idea of how much I should charge to advertise a 468x60 banner at the top next to my search bar. Here's the link: http://www.codes-factory.be Thanks for any suggestions. I should add, pricing would be weekly and monthly.

With all the AdSense advertising there as well, not much. It really depends on the types of visitors etc. Maybe $4-5 per week (provided the ad was in a prominent position)?

For starters, I would say what you're displaying is against Adsense policy.

You have too many instance of their adverts on your site.

Regards,

vphost said:
For starters, I would say what you're displaying is against Adsense policy.

You have too many instance of their adverts on your site.

Regards,
do you mean that i have too many of their ad units on one page? If so, this is what the program policy says:

Ad Placement

* Up to three ad units may be displayed on each Web site page.
* A maximum of two Google AdSense for search boxes may be placed on a page.
* A single link unit may be placed on each Web site page, in addition to the ad units and search boxes specified above. Link units are considered to be 'Google ads' for purposes of these program policies.
* A single referral button per product may be placed on a page, in addition to the ad units, search boxes, and link units specified above. Referral buttons are considered to be ‘Google ads’ for purposes of these program policies.
* No Google ad may be placed on any non-content-based pages.
* No Google ad or Google search box may be displayed on any domain parking websites, pop-ups, pop-unders, or in any email.
* No Google ad may be placed on pages published specifically for the purpose of showing ads, whether or not the page content is relevant.
* Elements on a page must not obscure any portion of the ads, and the ad colors must be such that any ad elements, including text and URL, are visible.
* Clicks on Google ads must not result in a new browser window being launched.

Last edited:
I also see 4 ad blocks on your site.

i would say not much seeing there is already so many ads $2 month maybe

vphost said:
I was able to find 4 ad units on your site

Regards,

No. There are 3 and a link unit. That is allowed. The policy says in addition to.

Death001 said:
I also see 4 ad blocks on your site.

i would say not much seeing there is already so many ads $2 month maybe

Where do you see 4 blocks? Are you counting the "site features" as an ad block? Google even says that no ad will be displayed if you put more than the allowed number. If I had more than the allowed, they wouldn't show.

Last edited:
Back