• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

'Test things out' is obselete...

Pretty much. For whatever reason, people like to post test messages every now and then. I don't know why. The forum works, trust us. :)

what i think

I think they just post there to reaise there total number of post.

i don;t care

i don't care i am just stating the obvious. It is like artificially inflating hits. thats the way i look at it

Maybe it's FreeWebSpace who likes the number of posts that forum is bringing in for their stats. Believe me: guests decide on a basis that includes number of posts...

Fine Mr. 7 posts ;), but I remember you CJ for the advice you gave me on CJ.com (he dosen't own it, or at least I don't think he does ;)). I think any visitor/guest that had a read around would realise which posters know what they're talking about more than a number of posts. :)

My opinion anyway. Your all entitled to your own!

i think

yeah i remember cj from the old boards so total he has more than 7 post in his life at freewebspace.net

Supermoo,

I beg to differ that the number of posts does not reflect upon ones technical/any knowledge of the area of discussion on a form.

Lets take me for example. I rarly post here, but that does not mean that im not a good perl/php programmer. But do you see me posting every day at the perl/php fourms. No.

Manytimes, even in real life, I do not participate in discussions allot, although I do listen and add the my knowledge of what someones saing. I generally selectivly post. Unless there has been something that I fell that has been said that isn't true/theres a better method of, I would post my comments. Also if there is something that hasen't been mentioned, but's pretty big in my oppion, I will also post.

--Jim
(Now that I think of it, theres a cool little proverb, that goes along with "Don't judge a book by its cover". "Don't judge a poster by his/her number of posts")

Originally posted by jimmacr
Supermoo,

I beg to differ that the number of posts does not reflect upon ones technical/any knowledge of the area of discussion on a form.

Lets take me for example. I rarly post here, but that does not mean that im not a good perl/php programmer. But do you see me posting every day at the perl/php fourms. No.

Manytimes, even in real life, I do not participate in discussions allot, although I do listen and add the my knowledge of what someones saing. I generally selectivly post. Unless there has been something that I fell that has been said that isn't true/theres a better method of, I would post my comments. Also if there is something that hasen't been mentioned, but's pretty big in my oppion, I will also post.

I think you've read that post incorrectly. What I think }:8) [ the poster formerly known as supermoo. tehehe :D ] meant was that people don't care how many posts as long as it's good info. Not that the heavy posters are smarter. Or am I reading your post wrong :confused:

Originally posted by Nick
Originally posted by jimmacr
Supermoo,

I think you've read that post incorrectly. What I think }:8) [ the poster formerly known as supermoo. tehehe :D ] meant was that people don't care how many posts as long as it's good info. Not that the heavy posters are smarter. Or am I reading your post wrong :confused:

Yes that's what I'm trying to get across jimmacr, I used the line "Mr. 7 Posts" to illustrate a point about content not postings. I think you'll find that through all my posts in this topic.

If you've been to the forum for a while you know who supplies useful information and who 'just posts'. Which is why I think that the amount of posts is an irrelivent issue on if we keep the Test things out forum.

Back