• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Tera Byte has become the worst

tangoking

More and more people are complaining about Tera Byte lately and that's definitely a change from a few months ago, or even a year ago when everyone was saying how great they are. WELL They're not any more.

I just moved my site from Tera Byte a couple of days ago. I had an account with them for a year and the support was good. Then I upgraded to another plan less than a month ago. At that time problems were already starting . The server I was on was down at least two or three times a week, once for 7 hours! Support didn't help at all. Just said server was fine and that there were no problems. It took weeks of writing to support, almost daily, and getting short answers. Some times it took a day or two to get a response.

Finally, they admitted that there was a problem with the server I was on and that they will monitor it! At that time I had had enough. Since I was within the 30 day money back guarantee for the new plan. I requested a refund. One support person said it was no problem, then a couple of days later when I inquired again another told me that I can't get it. Then another told me that they will deduct the month I used, and implied that I should be glad that I'd get a refund at all!

I'm still writing to them about the refund and getting the cold shoulder. I've moved already to Aletia. What a relief! I wouldn't recommend Tera Byte to anyone.

i dont have a problem with you being upset, the server was down more than it should have been (reported 96.4% uptime) however you really should state the facts. you did not have a new webhosting account you had a 13 month old account that was upgraded to a larger package a month ago, a new account would require a new order and therefore a fresh site. you recieved a refund on your account 13 months after you started not 1 month, i gave you the refund because of the issues on the server and not because you were entitled to one. the sites on that server as well as every other shared cobalt raq we have are being moved to more reliable servers and have been for the last 42 days if you had a new account you would be on one of the new servers now you were not. all new accounts are being put on non cobalt based systems reliability isnt an issue uptime has been great. old sites are being migrated as fast as possible however it isnt as easy as moving a single website i have thousands of sites to move and at the same time try not to cause any downtime.

Steve

Anyway.. I don't see below10host prices expensive at all.
I have to say that tera-bytes prices are real low. But below10host.com it have normal prices. IMO

Originally posted by Chris
Their prices are way above industry standard.

The components of that is fast and reliable service instead of shitty service. I am sorry, but they are NOT expensive, they are just about right. And what the hell is the industry standard?

Last edited:
Originally posted by Synergy
How come when a company grows big it always have bad comments?

thats an easy one its quite impossible to please all the people all the time, and the more people you have, the better chance a few of them will have a problem to write in about.
however if you look at the stats you will see that most reports of problems are not all they are cracked up to be

the problems reported here about tera-byte are:

claim- over charging on bandwidth in Aug, 1 customer complained 4497 were charged.
in sept 8449 people had used more bandwidth than alloted after a 7 gig credit was given across the board 5144 people were charged, none complained including the same customer who was also charged again as he still went over his limit.

claim- was not given a refund in the first 30 days account was 13 months old and 11 month refund was given

claim- shut down website, when turned back on ftp didnt work.
website suspended for non payment when reactivated ftp worked fine as shown if 6 email requests to the client the final one showed without a doubt that he was putting files in his personal space not the root web folder, i cant go to peoples houses and show them how to use thei ftp program :)

so over the last two months ive seen three reports from people on shared hosting current shared hosting customers in the hundreds of thousands, is there a problem we are not dealing with i dont really think so.

Steve

Originally posted by Giancarlo

And what the hell is the industry standard?

He's talking about the price per gig of monthly transfer. $15 a GB is way too high (donhost). $0.33 a GB can make someone skeptical unless you are buying in bulk.

Originally posted by Hayama-kun

He's talking about the price per gig of monthly transfer. $15 a GB is way too high (donhost). $0.33 a GB can make someone skeptical unless you are buying in bulk.

Hey, if somebody wants better service you would probably have to pay more... it is like staying at a hotel, if you pay more you get better service.

Hey, if somebody wants better service you would probably have to pay more... it is like staying at a hotel, if you pay more you get better service.
DonHost is an exception to that... :p

Originally posted by Hayama-kun

DonHost is an exception to that... :p

There are exceptions. When I was in Miami for several days, we had to choose between two hotels. One was a Motel 6 and the other was a Marriott. The Motel 6 was charging $100 a night (Price gouging or something) and the Marriott was charging $50 a night. Of course Marriott is a very good hotel (in most cases).

So you are right there are always exceptions. Maybe the money is not going to the service, but to someones bank account for tickets to Tahiti.

And what is that avatar?

The Motel 6 was charging $100 a night (Price gouging or something) and the Marriott was charging $50 a night.
Wow, I never knew hotel rooms were that cheap down there. Here you'd be luck to find a hotel room for $100.

Back