• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Tera Byte has become the worst

Steve, I just found out that that you replied here after I sent you an email. I'll reply to what you're saying here + to your email as well. First, I have to agree that it seems that some companies as they get better their service becomes worse. Service, custom support, just about everything some times. Last year I was very happy with Tera Byte and was recommending it to everyone. I know at least a couple of people who, based on my recommendation, got accounts with Tera Byte. However, in the past month or so, things were REALLY bad. I can't imagine how can things go so bad so fast. It is nothing personal Steve, we are talking about $10 or so of refund that I think you still owe me, but it is not really a matter of the $10 here.

You insist on the fact that our account is 13 months old and that this is why we shouldn't get the 30 money back guarantee advertised with plan 6 which we purchased a month ago and that we requested a refund for within less than 30 days of purchasing the plan. In an email to me you are saying: "all very true assuming you didn't put this in yoru comments on the new order
Comments: plan upgrade and cc info update
if you had not written that you would have received a full refund" So the word 'Upgrade' here makes all the difference!

Now here is the email I just sent to Steve in reply to his email:
It's is an upgrade for us moving from a 15 meg disk space to a 200 meg space. I don't see a difference between calling it an upgrade or calling it a new plan. It is the same thing. It would be different if you gave a discount for upgrading. That would make an upgrade different than a regular plan. Also, If we had order some extras: like extra storage space or extra pop emails, etc. That would be an extension of the old plan. It seems we are arguing about the meaning of the word upgrade.

A company that has BrandX computers with a PIII 500 Mhz processors + other specifications who decide to get new BrandY computers with a PIII 900Mhz processors + other specifications would probably call this upgrading their equipment. The BrandX is not an extension of BrandY. Same applies to the Plans you are offering PlanY is not an extension of PlanX. You are advertising it on your web site as having certain specifications: one of them is 30 day money back guarantee. It doesn't say anywhere that this does not apply to those who are 'Upgrading'. If it did, many people would probably start putting a comment like "by the way, this is not an upgrade!". I don't think that you deliberately removed any mention about this to trick customers. I don't think it should be a trick question: if a customer writes 'Upgrading' they lose the right for the free 30 day guarantee. We ordered Plan 6, not to change our old plan to look like Plan 6! If this Plan6 was on the same server on another server, that doesn't make a difference for us at all. What mattered was to be getting what we paid for.

Originally posted by Phrozen

Wow, I never knew hotel rooms were that cheap down there. Here you'd be luck to find a hotel room for $100.

That was in Miami... the per captia is a bit lower their than New York.

Buenos Aires on the other hand is twice as expensive as new york. New york is a bargain. Come on who would pay $1 Million for a two room, one bath apartment in Downtown Buenos Aires? Saw the ad in the newspaper, and the area wasn't that good.

Originally posted by Giancarlo
Buenos Aires on the other hand is twice as expensive as new york. New york is a bargain. Come on who would pay $1 Million for a two room, one bath apartment in Downtown Buenos Aires? Saw the ad in the newspaper, and the area wasn't that good.
Is $1 million < $10 million? :rolleyes:

There are some people that are willing to buy anything. :D

the only problem i've had with tera-byte recently was that my site's ftp was down for at least 8 hours straight last week, and no one would tell me what was wrong or when it would be back up. never did find out why. but besides that...

Just wait until tera-byte completes the moves, I think they are installing new servers.

Originally posted by Archbob
Just wait until tera-byte completes the moves, I think they are installing new servers.
Moves? They're moving to a new NOC? :confused:

Back