• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Templates?

cashman9

Hi, I was wondering about a few things regarding website templates/stylesheets. First, do you guys use them, find them useful, and should I use them if I'm new at web design and want to create a website with a nice, professional feel? What are the pro's and con's of using pre-determined website templates? Second, assuming that templates are a good idea for a newcomer such as myself, where should I go to find good templates for a personal, informational website? Thanks!

By using a template you are not doing any design yourself. The design belongs to the person that made the template. so if you are new to web design I would sugest to try to do your own pages from scratch. That way you will learn better even if your pages might look worst in the begining.

Are you speaking of a premade template or a template in Dreamweaver?

I am not the best with dreamweaver but I do know that some people make only one layout and then save it as a template to be used over and over in your other pages...?

I'm talking about templates in general, I have both Dreamweaver and Frontpage so I am compatible with any type of template. My question was where can I find decent templates that give a webpage a professional feel?

Originally posted by cashman9
I'm talking about templates in general, I have both Dreamweaver and Frontpage so I am compatible with any type of template. My question was where can I find decent templates that give a webpage a professional feel?

My suggestion is you make them from scratch. You can make it custom that why and you'll like it better, not to mention to have the good feeling of designing your own site and looking at what you have created ;)

Back