• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

technihost Down Now

DJboutit

I have been with technihost since early feb and the longest they have been down till now is 1min anybody able to load there site I can not get to my forum

Last time I talked to him he was on a VPS with BigScoots. He's also banned from here and WHT.

I haven't seen Big Scoots in a while either. Possibly something happened to his supply line, I'll take a look when I get a chance since I was considering trying out his services.

Still, Djboutit are you going to wait this out or are you going to jump ship again right away like you've done every time a host goes down for more than a few hours. I actually did get your data back intact like I said I would, and still do have it stored safely in the backups. Just you were too impatient about the outage- by the time the situation cleared up enough for me to actually be able to do anything, you had already gotten hosting elsewhere. Remember, hosts that offer to end users oftentimes are second to last in the chain of service providers. When something happens upstream from them, they're as in the dark and upset about it as you are. If anything moreso, because they have to deal with all of their clients coming back at them for answers they don't have either.

I haven't seen Big Scoots in a while either. Possibly something happened to his supply line, I'll take a look when I get a chance since I was considering trying out his services.

Still, Djboutit are you going to wait this out or are you going to jump ship again right away like you've done every time a host goes down for more than a few hours. I actually did get your data back intact like I said I would, and still do have it stored safely in the backups. Just you were too impatient about the outage- by the time the situation cleared up enough for me to actually be able to do anything, you had already gotten hosting elsewhere. Remember, hosts that offer to end users oftentimes are second to last in the chain of service providers. When something happens upstream from them, they're as in the dark and upset about it as you are. If anything moreso, because they have to deal with all of their clients coming back at them for answers they don't have either.

That's why you should just cut out as many middle men as you can and just go with somebody who runs their own dedicated servers. Less chance of something going wrong up the chain somewhere that you have no control over.

I noticed they are down as well. I submitted a ticket, waiting for the reply. Their main site is up...

I noticed they are down as well. I submitted a ticket, waiting for the reply. Their main site is up...

I think the host servers they got from another hosting company they terminated there servers I am pretty sure everything is backed up. This could take 3 day to a week to get everything back up. The reply I got back from a support ticket is it a dns issues if it is truly a dns iusses it should take 8hrs max to fix it. Technihost is a reseller the only server they truly own is for the main site everything else is goes through other hosts

I have heard many bad reviews about Burst.net and this situation just confirms it. He will have angry clients asking for money back, so I don't know if he will re-open his hosting business.

I have heard many bad reviews about Burst.net and this situation just confirms it. He will have angry clients asking for money back, so I don't know if he will re-open his hosting business.

From what I remember in reading the thread over on WHT, Burst had nothing to do with it. This idiot was using a bunch of free month trials and selling those trials to clients...who were buying dedicated servers from him for $15. I'm sorry, but the people buying dedicated servers from this guy for $15 have nobody to blame but themselves. How is Burst possibly at fault for this?

They also said that he had signed up for their services multiple times over the past couple of years and each time there were numerous issues. So why didn't burst just ban him a long time ago rather than letting him continue to sign up for new services over and over and over again. Who's to blame here? Probably both parties. Sadly, since technihost is banned from here and WHT both, we can't really hear his side of the story.

Aside from all of that, who's stupid enough to buy dedicated servers, VPS, and hosting in general for well below market prices??? Pretty much everybody! The lesson here... you get what you pay for. You want to take short cuts, buy from a crappy host, save a few dollars, this is what happens in the long run, each and every time. People still just don't seem to get it.

From his blog

"We then got 10 new dedicated server orders and ordered them and paid for them. 4 days later we get an email from Burst saying that they won’t set up the servers. We email them back wondering why, and simply asked why won’t you setup our servers? We had paid for them in full. There response was that by the time they get them setup we will have due invoices "

They are aware that the DC (Burst) doesn't start the billing period until the server is deployed, right ?

Blame the DC for ones own mistakes, I guess it is the thing to do.

I've been here Seraphim, just seemed to be limited threads that required a response. Nothing has happened to our supply line, we own and operate all of our hardware and although expanding quickly we always ensure ample room for any interested clients. As always though if you have any questions or concerns please feel free to get a hold of me directly or meet up with us on our live chat. We shall be at the ready!

Last time I talked to him he was on a VPS with BigScoots. He's also banned from here and WHT.

Technihost has not been a client of BigScoots. If he has he was registered completely under a different name and at no point has any of our clients "gone down" for any period other then that was scheduled maintenance. If he and his clients experienced downtime it was because a suspension took place.

That's why you should just cut out as many middle men as you can and just go with somebody who runs their own dedicated servers. Less chance of something going wrong up the chain somewhere that you have no control over.

Deeptlist, I assume your talking about Technihost? Because you know as well as I do that we own and operate our own hardware. We are no where close to middlemen and as any of our clients will attest we provide fantastic support on a manageable budget.

This thread is littered with problems with Technihost that has recently been brought to light. No issue here was a result of BigScoots.

Last edited:
Technihost has not been a client of BigScoots. If he has he was registered completely under a different name and at no point has any of our clients "gone down" for any period other then that was scheduled maintenance. If he and his clients experienced downtime it was because a suspension took place.

He told me at the end of February that his VPS provider was you. (Ref: http://i53.tinypic.com/142bi9v.jpg) His real name is Kirk Ladd. Perhaps he purchased under that name because technihost was just a cover up. It was never a registered "business" in the state of Ohio as he claimed it was.

He told me at the end of February that his VPS provider was you. (Ref: http://i53.tinypic.com/142bi9v.jpg) His real name is Kirk Ladd. Perhaps he purchased under that name because technihost was just a cover up. It was never a registered "business" in the state of Ohio as he claimed it was.

Kirk Ladd never had service with us either. It is possible he used another different name, though I'm not sure what he was trying to hide. This seems like a shady situation all way round. Again if he experienced downtime it was because of his own doing. He chose not to follow up with us if he experienced any issue and given his current state (not being a registered company, issues with many other VPS providers, banned from several forums) you would have to assume he had his own faults. If he gets in contact with us I will update with what actually happened, until that time I have to assume he registered under a different name and/or company and simply chose not to continue with his hosting business.

I will not profess to know anything about the host part of webhosting, but doesnt the OP (http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1041149) deserve some blame about his refund? The host admitted there was some mistake and he would refund the cash by the 20th (which I guess was about 5 days). The OP then decided to lodge a dispute with paypal. Now I dont know anything about those either, but wouldnt the OP get reimbursed twice if they won? One from the host if he paid and then credited if the OP won?

I certainly think the host then has the right to withhold any reimbursement while the dispute is going on. IF what the host said was true, about them winning the dispute, then I suppose that is case closed.

As for their reliability, blame for services, etc, I have no clue. I think the OP screwed himself over this deal by simply not waiting and then taking the chance from the dispute, which looks like he got the shaft for.

This "host" has been banned from just about every webmaster and hosting oriented forum on the Internet. Do a quick search for "Carl (Eddie) Keyton" who was the owner of technihost and you'll uncover a huge amount of information about scams that he's been involved with over the years. Eddie, along with his sidekick, Kirk Ladd managed to rip off a lot of people. We're all well aware of this Technihost/Burst fiasco but keep in mind that Burst also has a reputation of not being the most reliable DC around either. They have a history of overselling and making servers available to deadbeats, who in return screw over THEIR customers, etc etc. Kirk Ladd also claims he used to work for HostGator. He says they flew him to Texas, paid for his rent and utilities on an apartment in exchange for work. Huh? Because he's such a skilled server administrator? Kirk Ladd also offered to pay me to assist him with a cPanel based server migration (because he didn't know how to do it himself) and after the work was complete, I never heard from him again. Coincidence? Eddie and Kirk are from the Van Wert / Celina area in Ohio. I lived in Van Wert for two years and neither of these goof balls have any kind of technical background or higher education of any kind.

Back