• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Teaching Webdesign

acoolguy

Soon, I will be be teaching about nine fifth graders how to make webpages. The class will last about ten days and I want them to get as much out of it as possible, while at the same time having fun. I plan to start off explaining the basics, for example what is the Internet, HTML...then I plan to get into the basics behind HTML. I want to spend the last few days having them work on a small webpage about anything they wish. I don't want to bore them with details, but again I want them to learn as much as possible and have fun. Does anyone have any ideas on how I can make this a fun learning experience? Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

I taught webdesigning/coding/graphics last year as a two months course. I started off with the concept of current mediums and then explaining the net as a medium. Then i taught basic html.. like simple tags and stuff.. and the person should be able to make a very simple page with him/her self using HTML.. then i started off telling the use of dreamweaver (or frontpage 2000).. both are WYSIWYG editors.. telling the pupils the common mistakes people make in early website making attempts and how to avoid them. Then i showed them some designing techniques like using tables.. graphics.. frames.. etc.. Last but not the least use of an HTML editor which in my case was Coffee CUP HTML Editor +. If you tell new bies to code hardcore html then it will be too boring for them. Hope this gives you a better insight.

H.W site http://www.webpagesthatsuck.com

ciao!:)

Back