• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Tacosauce.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan said:
Many thought the three strikes was wrong too ;) But they were banned permanently. That is rarely the case now. A quick temp ban has worked more wonders than an email warning ever did. The majority never made the same mistake again. Those few who did, would get longer next time.

Your missing the point though, if the rule isnt going to be used it shouldnt be there full stop.

It's not a rule. It's just a description of how we deal with members who break the rules. It's no longer accurate and has been replaced. There will be more changes soon when we have the warning system in place.

Very soon right Peo? ;)

No matter the system in place, most people will slam the mods, it seems to be rule breakers general nature in forums the world round. Some take a small tap on the wrist and learn from it, others will lash out and send abusive emails, cuss, start rant threads, or even start hate sites. As a mod at a few forums, nothing surprises me anymore :)

I hope it will be ready soon, yes.

Most users ever online was 1,638, Today at 02:34

We're getting more and more visitors and more and more posts. I'll try to fix this at some other time of the day when the number of users are lower. Maybe today, maybe not, we'll see.

I suggest getting a new Mod with someone who is active and the members know. That way they'll at least have respect for them. Seriously, browse through the active members that have been members for like 4 or 3 years.

So, who do you have respect for? As I said, send your suggestions to me.

Interesting thread indeed....I see a lot of valid arguments from both sides. Im not going to pick a side per se, because I personally love this forum through all of its bumps and bruises in the past.

And hopefully this wont be too redudant, I dont mean to be beating a dead horse, but I want to throw in my two cents. I personally believe that the mods/admins at this forum have a HUGE responsiblity. A lot of people forget that because of this site, money is spent and customers are both made and lost. If we let this site go wild and act like another GenMay\Something Awful or something of the like, all of a sudden it loses its credibility. They have a huge responsiblity to make sure this is a safe, but fun place for both just casual interaction, and business (free and paid). I highly respect all of the mods and the admins, as well as their decisions.

It seems every summer we have a "silly season" on this forum, where we get a surge of new members and things kinda go crazy for a bit, but it is always temporary. At the core this is still the forum that I love, and you all obviously love it as well, otherwise you wouldn't be here.

Im not discouraging opinions or debate, as I feel it is good people get to express their opinions, but remember the hard work that our fine staff puts in to keep this place running smooth.

/2cnt

Thanks for the support Matt :) Yeah there is a lot of work involved keeping the place reasonably clean. We aren't exactly bored enough to go looking for someone to ban "for no reason" ;)
It seems every summer we have a "silly season" on this forum, where we get a surge of new members and things kinda go crazy for a bit, but it is always temporary.
Thanks for the reminder. *dons some heavy armour for the Northern summer holidays :p

What was the point of this whole post? LOL.. I kinda lost track after the 3RD PAGE OF NOTHING!

Is this post about demanding answers to why HottWeelz was banned?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back