• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Tacosauce.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Craig said:
@ mr.d1n1: Regards to ''the forum'', its just a forum, nothing more... nothing less. Anyone can register, FWS ban the URL.... fine but they cant ban you just for visiting or posting lol.

Hey, after all those rumors, I felt like chased by the Gestapo :lol:

Happy to see some admins posting here Todd :)

I am 100% SICK of hearing this crap....... every day this pops up, cant we just wrap it up? please..... If your banned.... deal with it. Dont spam, eat eggs. Stop now!.

If your banned, you can't post here, so leave it lol

It will keep popping up if people keep sending messages to us

mr.d1n1 said:
If your banned, you can't post here, so leave it lol

It will keep popping up if people keep sending messages to us

They wont send any to me, if they do it will be the last message they EVER send.

Craig said:
@ Todd: Agree but the problem Todd is that NON of the admins nor mods tell you how many warnings you have. Say you do something wrong which falls under the 3 strikes rule you wont get any PM/email to tell you what you have done wrong.
When we were doing the three strikes thing, the member would receive a PM or email titled Warning #1 (or 2 or 3). It was becoming very time consuming emailing or PMing up to 20 times a day.

Hopefully soon we will have a warning system in place that will automatically send an email to the member with a copy of the post that was problematic. It also shows how many points you have.

I'll throw in my 2 cents here.

I registered over there just because it seemed very lighthearted and things were getting a bit "thick" over here. However, this is a great marketplace, and things were going on, and still are, that are very childish and unprofessional. I've partaken in those activities, and sometimes been the center. All for a bit of fun.

I currently don't have any beef with the mods or administrators of FWS, and don't intend to any time soon.

Craig said:
They wont send any to me, if they do it will be the last message they EVER send.

I agree with this as well. Advertise all you want, but don't spam. And if the mods have a problem with it, fine, that's alright, it's the rules and this is a private forum in which certain people have authority over others and make rules which keep us all in line.

While there have been some decisions that I haven't exactly agreed 100% with, I have seen the issue from both sides, and the mods will win. Which is what should happen in any forum. If the members are allowed to influence what goes on just by using scare tactics and other "shadowy" methods, it will all turn to chaos, and FWS will cease to be an amazing marketplace for hosting and other web-related goods.

I have more, but I'm thinking that was a bit long-winded as it is.

So, now you call your members Liars?
Good man.

What? If someone lies, I'd call them a liar.

What the mods have to understand is that people see them as royals in a castle giving commands from far up. They barely see any of them and every banning/closed thread is done invisibly without notice. I suggest you appoint more active members from 2001 - 2002 to be mods, who have been here a long time and who will be active and actually talk to the members like people.

*THREAD CLOSED*

Last edited:
Mr. Johnson said:
What the mods have to understand is that people see them as royals in a castle giving commands from far up. They barely see any of them and every banning/closed thread is done invisibly without notice. I suggest you appoint more active members from 2001 - 2002 to be mods, who have been here a long time and who will be active and actually talk to the members like people.
First time I have ever heard of mods being likened to "royalty" :biggrin2: It is far from a cushy voluntary position. No matter the forum, anyone who falls foul of the rules suddenly sees mods as nazis, power trippers etc etc. where they might never had had a problem with them before. We are members first and formost. We are people just like you.

In case you missed it, we had applications for mods a while back, not a real lot applied and many who did, didn't meet the longevity requirement or some other requirement. Not everyone is cut out to be a mod, you need to be made of tough stuff and able to withstand a heap of mod bashing without falling into a heap. It is and has always has been a thankless job for the most part, but then occasionally we get some praise and that more than makes up for those who slam us for enforcing the rules of the forum.

Mr. Johnson, I understand your concern and that some people only see us that way. It's a perception that's hard to avoid on a forum. There has to be some authority enforcing the rules. We'll try to improve on that point though.

I always communicate with people in a nice way who have a problem with me or the forum, even if they send very abusive emails or pms. If you have a problem with something, don't be afraid to ask me or one of the other moderators. We're here to help.

If you have suggestions for a new moderator that you think will be suitable for the job, let us know. :) We're always interested in suggestions and feedback.

Jan said:
When we were doing the three strikes thing, the member would receive a PM or email titled Warning #1 (or 2 or 3). It was becoming very time consuming emailing or PMing up to 20 times a day.

Ok. But if its in the rules you should contact people, if your not going to use the rule then it shouldnt be there, it counts as not doing your job. If you do something wrong which falls under the 3 strikes & your not emailed but its in the rules then thats wrong!.

http://img269.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ss11eh.gif

Last edited:
We'll have those parts removed shortly if it hasn't been removed already. It was impossible to maintain as Jan just described. We are trying to get a warning system instead.

Peo said:
We'll have those parts removed shortly if it hasn't been removed already. It was impossible to maintain as Jan just described. We are trying to get a warning system instead.

Yea, the warning system would be much better. I only want the rules to be clear.

Peo said:
No, it's another member with that username.
Ah, wonderful :).

Anyway, as far as suggestions go for moderators, how would we go about submitting them? I have a few people in mind...

Craig said:
Ok. But if its in the rules you should contact people, if your not going to use the rule then it shouldnt be there, it counts as not doing your job. If you do something wrong which falls under the 3 strikes & your not emailed but its in the rules then thats wrong!.
Many thought the three strikes was wrong too ;) But they were banned permanently. That is rarely the case now. A quick temp ban has worked more wonders than an email warning ever did. The majority never made the same mistake again. Those few who did, would get longer next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back