• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Super webhost?

This may seem like a lot to ask, but does anybody know of a GOOD web host that has the followign features?

1. ASP scritping capabilities
2. CDONTS and Soft-Artisans FileUp ASP components installed
3. LOTS of space

here's the kicker...

4. Unlimited bandwidth

That unlimitied bndwidth is a lot to ask for in addition to the other aspects, but it is neccesary. Does anybody know of a good one? Please include their monthly/yearly prices please. Thanks.

As it has been said thousands of time before... unlimited bandwidth doesn't exist.

Maybe you could give an estimate of how much transfer you're using now.

Unlimited DOES exist

Unlimited bandwidth does exist. Right now, I use bizland.com's charter membership to host my site's animations. It creates TONS of monthly bandwidth, but I still only pay the $5.95 per month. The only thing wrong with bizland is that they don't support ASP.

Last month, my bizland account registered 13528644 K for bandwidth. That's a lot of bandwidth. If I am doing the math correctly, that's almost 13,529 gigs! So you see, paying for the bandwidth by gigs would kill me.

Any comments or suggestions guys? I'm screwed aren't I?

A little off topic, but I think it will be appreciated here.
I just received a letter from my UNLIMITED Dialup ISP saying I am online too much. I sent the letter back and asked them to define "UNLIMITED" No reply yet... It is undefinable. Unlimited means to lure unsuspecting people into thinking that there is no limit to the limited item. It is a gimmick. Works well too.
Unlimited all you can eat buffet...... Resturant closes at 9:30 PM, try and stay over night and see what happens. :confused:

Most people here are tiring of the same old story...
Visit some of the various forums and do a search for 'unlimited'
and see what kind of things result from it.
Visit www.hosthelp.com
Read all the articles there.
Look around and you will find plenty of horror stories about innocent people signing up for hosting thinking they were getting everything because they got that UNlimited plan??
well most found out the truth---everything has limits...they found that out when they ended up with NO website..having been deleted for exceeding their unlimited limits!!
Do yourself a favor now--go with a host that states up front what their limits are!!
Hosts that use that old line----cheap marketing trick!

Re: Unlimited DOES exist

Originally posted by StickSuicideDotCom
Unlimited bandwidth does exist. Right now, I use bizland.com's charter membership to host my site's animations. It creates TONS of monthly bandwidth, but I still only pay the $5.95 per month. The only thing wrong with bizland is that they don't support ASP.

Last month, my bizland account registered 13528644 K for bandwidth. That's a lot of bandwidth. If I am doing the math correctly, that's almost 13,529 gigs! So you see, paying for the bandwidth by gigs would kill me.

Any comments or suggestions guys? I'm screwed aren't I?

Wrong. 13GB is not unlimited.

If you threaten the stability of the server, you think they will still allow you to sap up transfer? Unlimited anything is just a marketing gimmick, if they cannot do business because of one user truly using unlimited anything, then that user will be kindly (or forcibly) asked to leave.

Re: Oops

Originally posted by StickSuicideDotCom
Well, I guess I suck at math!

I use 13 gigs a month, but I can use as much as I want. It is still unlimited.

So, I can open up a Conservative new site? Have twenty editors, use over 50GB+ (I dunno) of bandwidth each month and not get kicked off?

Back