• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Suggestions

Forum Dude

1-Upgrade the board to 3.5.4. It has some bugs fixed.

2-Add a Paid Web Host search. Sure it's free, but it's an add-on.

The vBull upgrade should hopefully be getting done shortly. I can't promise an exact date, but it is on "the list". ;)

Hostspot.com is owned by Peo.

And yea the Vbulletin upgrade should be completed soon (oh Todd.. where art thou?)

I've been around all day, and I'm still here. :) If Peo's swamped and would like the forum upgraded I'd be happy to do so. It's Peo's site and I always wait for him to request something before I begin work on it. (Apart from backend security patches, and such.)

Even with the vBull (Pun intended) upgrade, it still is going to be vBull no matter. vBull won't be able to fix the issues that even IE has with vBull, for example the WYSIWYG editor... which can give numerous errors with just one simple alteration to IE.

Indeed, but WYSIWYG can be useful on certain vB sites. For example, if you copy a table from another page, it may show up.

However, FWS can't do that.

iyeru42 said:
Indeed, but WYSIWYG can be useful on certain vB sites. For example, if you copy a table from another page, it may show up.

However, FWS can't do that.
"Basic Editor - A simple text box"

I've been using it since the beginning of time and I haven't found anything it can't do yet. :p

Tree said:
That sounds like a pretty good reason to not use WYSIWYG...

It also sounds like another reason not to use Internet Exploiter (Oh... I mean Intenet Explorer)

Firefox doesn't support the WYSIWYG editor well either... in fact all browsers don't like the editor for vB 3.x as the editor itself is a Java Applet, not JS Applet... but it does use some JS code.

I'm not sure what ya'll are talking about. I use the WYSIWYG editor on this forum and it works for me. :confused4

Oh my... I just tried it out and it seems to be working. And for the record, it's not java. I know because I have java disabled.

I don't know how you guys can stand it though. It's so big... and clunky, ugh.

Look, this was done in WYSIWYG, and in IE! A mod can verify.

• List!
  • Double list
Right​
Center​
Left
Book Antiqua!
Size 6!
Indent!
All done in IE my friend.

Tree said:
Look, this was done in WYSIWYG, and in IE! A mod can verify.

• List!
  • Double list
Right​
Center​
Left​
Book Antiqua!

Size 6!
Indent!

All done in IE my friend.
Thats why IE rules! :lol:

Back