• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Subdomain host for testing

Status
Not open for further replies.

AboutWeb

Hey, I need a host to test something on WordPress, because I want to modify something before implementing in the main site. Sure, I have hosting and could do it on my account, but then it could be indexed by search engines and could have problems after I remove the testing installation. And I already have many folders and don't want to create a mess there. I want to create a unique header text in every posts/pages, so I am not sure yet what code I will need to modify, it would be custom_fields or something else theme based.

PHP, MySQL, ability to update WordPress themes/plugins from the Dashboard, a subdomain on your server.
No special requirements. Just No P2H because I don't have time to post.
This account will be used for testing, so there is no need for too much bandwidth.
Space could be 50-100MB and BW somewhere around 0,6-1GB.

Last edited:
Thanks, but no thanks. I can't buy a domain just for testing. Anyone else who can provide a subdomain along with hosting ?

You're too freaked out over this SEO nonsense. Just make a subdomain on your own hosting and install a fresh wordpress to do the testing on. Do not post the URL anywhere and do not link it to your main site. It'll be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back