• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Stupidity

i know but i just think that it's a bit weird that they haven't given themselves a 10. If it were my system I'd give myself a ten.:coolmusic

From what i remember nasa.gov had page rank 10.

Personally i find it nice that google doesn't give itself 10. This way it shows that they don't biase the results :)

Originally posted by desperado
From what i remember nasa.gov had page rank 10.
And they still have a PR10, but you get redirected immediately.

Google.com has a PR of 10 also, maybe it has something to do with their redirection.

I suppose so but really it's a stupid system anyway :p. I mean what does it base it on? Amount of visitors? I mean, how does it know how important the page is? Have the spiders suddenly grown AI :classic2: .

PR is a combination of things... From links to your site and and their PR, how many with the google toolbar visit your page, to who knows what else... Google wont say and I dont blame them..

Actually Google does state on their site how the PageRank system works

For an overview of how Google indexes sites see
http://www.google.com/webmasters/4.html

and then at
http://www.google.com/corporate/tech.html

"PageRank Technology: PageRank performs an objective measurement of the importance of web pages by solving an equation of more than 500 million variables and 2 billion terms. Instead of counting direct links, PageRank interprets a link from Page A to Page B as a vote for Page B by Page A. PageRank then assesses a page's importance by the number of votes it receives.

PageRank also considers the importance of each page that casts a vote, as votes from some pages are considered to have greater value, thus giving the linked page greater value. Important pages receive a higher PageRank and appear at the top of the search results. Google's technology uses the collective intelligence of the web to determine a page's importance."

They do not rely on the toolbar like Alexa does.

Best Wishes for a .Net Success!

Back