• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Streaming service

Dark Matter

Hey!

I have a project i am working on... my plan is to launch a small internet tv channel, thats it in a nut shell, i will stream about aprox 350 - 400kbps and i require quicktime server... such as the free darwin streaming server, my current upstream would only allow me to about about 15 - 20 viewers.

If someone could provide me with this service i would be most thankful, i can also broadcast an advertisement to your service/website and display google advertisements in return.

Thanks very much

The chance that you would get this would be very unlikely. Why? Shoutcast audio streaming costs a lot of money. Streaming 128kbps with about 20 viewers costs around $50/month.

Triple that price and that's about what it'd cost to run a video stream. There is about a 1-10% chance to get audio streaming for free, and less than 1% chance to get video streaming.

I'm not trying to be rude, but I would highly suggest investing money to get this. Besides, the more money you invest into it, the higher the outcome. I do have an idea though, you could try doing some youtube videos starting out, get a fanbase. The fanbase would be watching videos on your website which has advertisements on it, earning you money. Then that money can be used to buy a VPS for streaming video. :)

If you want, I can help supply free web-hosting to help get you started.

Why not just get a standard free host and use a service such as ustream livestream justin.tv...ect..ect..ect?

Back