• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Stopping Pop Summaries of Threads

TaoPhoenix

NLC
Anyone know how to turn off the "pop details" feature whereupon some or all of the thread text pops up the instant you mouse over something? It seems to occur for at least a couple of browsers, aka not browser specific per se.

Popup partial FWS forum text

Which forum software?

::Drumroll::

Yours, Jan!

Suppose you navigate to the top of the FWS forum, click a major section like Free Host Offers.

The usual list of topics shows up.

Normally I'd think that if I left my mouse in the whitespace without clicking, nothing would happen. Instead, some portion of the post text pops up. This happens at least in firefox and IE - it's not browser specific.

Is this at the FWS level, or a similar setting at the browser level that I'd have to turn off for each browser I use?

Thank y'all,

--TaoPhoenix

Is it as you hover over the link, or as you click it?

Because to be it sounds like as if you hover over the link, part of the latest post shows up in a white box. That's just natural, not sure you can turn it off, maybe don't hover over links? :lol:

If I am not mistaking it is hard coded into the css/php files therefor no way to turn it off.

It's activated through JS. I've seen an option before on another vB forum to disable that, but it's a mod.

In Windows Firefox I just went to
ToolMenu/Options/Content--> Uncheck Java & Javascript,
but the pop-data still appears.

Back