• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Stopping people from leaving the site

piazafan31

My grandma manages a hotel and has been having a problem with the desk clerks using the internet. I ran a virus and spyware check and ended up with 2 viruses and 30 spyware. So I told my grandma I would try to figure a way so the desk clerks can't use the internet. The reson we can't just take the internet down is because of the network connecting the computer. So I thought... set a homepage to a local page with some form of code that won't let them leave the site. I'm not sure how I could do that just using html though.

If anyone knows how or has any other ideas that would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Your best bet is to use a proxy server or to use a web browser that doesn't have an address bar and delete IE or whatever. Or in IE just turn off address bar and put up a notice saying that people aren't allowed to use the internet..

Back