• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Steve Waugh, is no more

Kaliber

Kaliber
NLC
hah, that rymes :)

On a more serious note, any aussies here who have the faintest idea about cricket would know Steve Waugh retired the other day. Not only was this bloke one of the greatest, if not the greatest test captain we have ever had but he was a rolemodel for many many people. It was really sad to see him leave however it was great seeing him score a 50 in his last match. Those boots will be very hard to fill, ponting has a big job ahead of him.

Cheers to Steve Waugh.

Christ, when you say "is no more", I kinda assumed he died. Anyway...I still don't know who the guy is, but yeah...congrats? :p

Another Aussie cricket legend in retirement. Lets hope the team continues to impress without him :)

Maybe with a Tasmanian captain, he might choose the more non-NSW from the squad. Now we just need the selectors to get rid of the crap New South Welshmen from the squad and give interstaters a chance of being selected by ponting. ie. Nathan Bracken, Brett Lee. Get rid of Langer and especially Martyn while they are clearing out. Does 212 n.o. by David Hussey (VIC) to beat NSW in the second greatest dometic chase mean nothing?

Originally posted by Ben
Cricket confuses me.
American Fooball confuses me, just a bunch of little girls in armour to make them selves feel strong. Go play a real sport like rugby.

Originally posted by Kaliber
American Fooball confuses me, just a bunch of little girls in armour to make them selves feel strong. Go play a real sport like rugby.

Do Rugby players get paid as much as NFL players do?

i detest that.

cricket isn't a real sport, its so boring.

rugby, nfl, nba, and tennis are the sports worth watching :applaudin

[/unaustralianism]

[/words that don't exist]

I've said this before, and I'll say it again. I have played rugby, and I have played sports where you are required to wear equipment. And I have gotten much worse injuries playing hockey in full equipment than I ever have playing rugby. And I played full out in both sports. Injuries happen all the time, no matter what sport. Any sport where you have to be a good athlete gets respect in my books, and qualifies as a real sport.

You have got to be joking

what's wrong with it, do you need to watch 'manly' sports to emphasize your machismo to prove you're not a sissy :confused2

Originally posted by tandoc
what's wrong with it, do you need to watch 'manly' sports to emphasize your machismo to prove you're not a sissy :confused2
No, of course not. If you say tennis don't start telling me about boring sports.

at least its in a more confined space, doesn't take as long, and when it does, it just means is better

Originally posted by tandoc
at least its in a more confined space, doesn't take as long, and when it does, it just means is better
Well I am watching the cricket now, and I could watch it all freakin day.

Back