• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

[stay Alert] !!! DO NOT go for Manadospace !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

alex_blue

As per related thread posted below, I wanted to share my bad experience signing up for this webhost in just a couple of days.

The admin/sales of Manadospace is eagerly promoting their so-called CHEAP packages. However, if you signed up and run your site, they will then SUSPEND it without any given reason and DOES NOT respond to your email or ticket (opened in customer area) regarding your inquiry/request to unsuspend your account!!!!!!!!!!!

I had similar experience with MANY other paid webhosts which suspended my account (suspect high cpu) but they were kind enough to respond (within 12 hour) to my email and unsuspend my account immediately. I'm requesting this because I just wanted to BACKUP MY SITE, but what a sad day thah Manadospace happen to be the ONE AND ONLY webhost that refuses to respond (it has been 3 days!!) :(:(:(

Having said so, why I say they're NON-RESPONSIVE to customer issues INTENTIONALLY??
As I pretended to be an interested customer and sent them an email asking for free trial on the package that they promote, and guess what?!?!?! The next FEW HOURS I receive a reply from them
saying "sorry no free trial" which is no surprise to me since they gave a BAD impression to me earlier on. I've did the same (request free trial to few webhosts out there) and I receive all positive response to allow me free-trial since I promised them to stay if my site migration is sucessful.

Back to the original topic, this webhost admin is has a TERRIBLE attitute (not responding to customer critical issues) and I hope you all refrain from purchasing ANY package from them, although they sell it really CHEAP ($5/year), otherwise you'll be in my situation.

P/s:
If by any chance the admin/sales of Manadospace thought that I'm wrong, pls kindly respond to my email/ticket OR private msg that I've sent 2 days ago, then for sure I will apologize and remove my thread from here.

Related thread:
http://freewebspace.net/forums/showthread.php?t=2218763

Last edited:
What was the domain name you had hosted there?

Just a bit off topic here:

I have a topsite script which has a button.php to be placed on every member's site. What button.php does is to show a vote button, but meantime it will record the number of time the button is shown (a.k.a pageviews) on that site. By that it would mean consume quite alot of cpu resource when button.php is loaded on member's site.

Now I've found a free host to temporarily host this topsite script however I've disabled button.php doing the pageview recording work (now just location redirect to real image), so not more cpu resource is being used.

My question:
Since my topsite script is only *complete* with the pageview stats, is there any paid webhost out there that allows such script to run with minimum effect to the server? Because I had a webhost that complaint on 3% usage of cpu on this script alone :p

Thanks anyone in advance!!!:love:

Last edited:
Just a bit off topic here:

I have a topsite script which has a button.php to be placed on every member's site. What button.php does is to show a vote button, but meantime it will record the number of time the button is shown (a.k.a pageviews) on that site. By that it would mean consume quite alot of cpu resource when button.php is loaded on member's site.

Now I've found a free host to temporarily host this topsite script however I've disabled button.php doing the pageview recording work (now just location redirect to real image), so not more cpu resource is being used.

My question:
Since my topsite script is only *complete* with the pageview stats, is there any paid webhost out there that allows such script to run with minimum effect to the server? Because I had a webhost that complaint on 3% usage of cpu on this script alone :p

Thanks anyone in advance!!!:love:

IMHO, I would say that a script outlined by you (quoted above) may just be your issue.

Might I suggest caching the images? Remember that if you have 100 people displaying your banner which is generated by a PHP script, and each of those website have 10,000 Unique Visitors per month, each time someone accesses their website, they are connected to your website, and that PHP script is executed which chews up CPU because it needs to generate an image.

So that means that from your visitor's sites alone, your site is generating roughly 1,000,000 images with it's CPU. Might I suggest making a caching system and have it run once a day? That way, your website would only be generating 100 images a day or 3,100 in 1 given month. It takes much less CPU to send an image, then it does to make the image and send it.
:)

[UW]Glenn;1055307 said:
IMHO, I would say that a script outlined by you (quoted above) may just be your issue.

Might I suggest caching the images? Remember that if you have 100 people displaying your banner which is generated by a PHP script, and each of those website have 10,000 Unique Visitors per month, each time someone accesses their website, they are connected to your website, and that PHP script is executed which chews up CPU because it needs to generate an image.

So that means that from your visitor's sites alone, your site is generating roughly 1,000,000 images with it's CPU. Might I suggest making a caching system and have it run once a day? That way, your website would only be generating 100 images a day or 3,100 in 1 given month. It takes much less CPU to send an image, then it does to make the image and send it.
:)

Hi, I think you've misunderstood the script (button.php).

I've just double checked the php script which used to display a vote button on member's site. It does not need to "generate" image on the fly, it's just recording the numbers it was called and increment the value in mysql db, once above action is done, it will then do a location redirect to the appropriate vote button (image). FYI, the image is a ready-made gif file which will be redirected by button.php.

So in this case what I suspect is just that while the script is busying to process thousands of request to increment values in mysql db, it is utilizing slightly higher cpu (due to the fact that ALL members site are displaying that button.php, similar to the case where same image shown on ALL members' site it would only utilize the bandwidth, not cpu resource). In a nutshell caching is not applicable for this case.

By the way back to the original topic, even though they suspended my site due to high cpu, I have the right and already promise to remove my topsite script from the account. As I still OWN my account (paid for it), the admin of Manadospace is just trying to ignore me without answering all my emails. Till now I haven't received any response from them, unless if I use ANOTHER identity to tell them how I'm ineterested in the packages, then they will respond back in no time!!

SO PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM THIS SICKENING WEBHOST and
Help to SPREAD THIS NEWS so others won't become the next VICTIM
:(

Last edited:
Once again I must ask. what is the domain name you had hosted there?

I was looking for something like spoiler tag but there isn't any here:p

This is the (sub)domain I hosted there: http://top100.kuule.info

Why would you want to know? Take note that now there isn't much cpu consumption since I've manually disabled the pageview logging function.

Cheers!!:evilb:

He wants to know to prove you host/ed there, rather than just bad mouthing.
There would behosts out there that will let you run the script but you'll need a VPS anyway if you don't want to keep host jumping.

He wants to know to prove you host/ed there, rather than just bad mouthing.

Ok, that makes sense, thanks for the reminder.

I understand one's aggresive negative review sometimes will get reverse effect where people started to feel sympathy on the webhost involve.

Anyway I need to reiterate that this is my real experience (just few days signing up/move into this host). I do feel terribly bad on losing the host that I actually paid money for. In fact I never get this mad on any webhost because I know they're not able to host my script so they will allow me to backup my site and move out. But the situation here is that I'm totally being ignored, just like one-way communication I'm sending out polite (seriously.) emails asking them to unsuspend my account.

Last but not least, I hope to broadcast this message over to the whole community. Also, I'm bloody sure manadospace already aware of this thread AS WELL AS the private msg I sent to him earlier (still begging him to unsuspend my account), but he still doesn't respond to me in any way, is that a simple PM "I'm sorry for the late reply bla bla..." so tough to construct? Lolz.

Well, that's it for now. I won't be posting further complaints on this matter anymore as I think I've made myself 100% clear on what has been going on with me and the host :shame::shame:

There would behosts out there that will let you run the script but you'll need a VPS anyway if you don't want to keep host jumping.

Hmm.....never mind. Since I've already taken out pageview logging the script wouldn't consume high cpu anymore so the site will settle on the free host for the time being. Thanks for the suggestion though. Have a nice day!:biggrin2:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back