• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Static-Host

Status
Not open for further replies.
domain moving

thanks duport

but the domain name was registered by statichost and i dont have the login for the account that has my domain names

Dale

Idid just that

Duport said:
Login from Member Login scroll down and click
GO TO THE MAIN WWW.123-REG.CO.UK CONTROL PANEL

Under Manage Domains click the domain you wish to edit

Click Change Nameservers and enter the new name servers

Usually: Nameserver 1 and Nameserver 2

If no IP addresses are assigned to the name servers it will ask
on the next page to enter the IP addresses.

Allow 48 hours to update.

I switched DNS servers to the 123-reg defaults - forwarded my mail to a gmail address and pointed the 123-reg DNS servers at my own, static, IP address where I already have development mirrors of the web sites.

I did it yesterday (Mon 18th July 2006) as I was not able to get my email. My plan is to switch back to StaticHost web serving, but keep the DNS at 123-reg so that I have more flexibility.

what should I do!?

What do I log in as at 123-reg as statichost registered the domain names!?

And whats the best thing to do about the email addresses!?

Thanks

Dale

If the domain is in steve's account then you will need to wait for him to get back as he will only have access to his account/domains.

dalemorson said:
what if he doesnt come back though!?

Dale
If the domain is registered to you, you can get hold of it but I don't think it will be quick. You may be able to persuade 123-reg to move it into your account if you can satisfy them you are the real owner - it would be easier that way than trying to change registrars.

I would recommend you start on that right away, even if you leave your hosting with StaticHost its makes life easier if you have control of your own domain. I made my recent switch from ArielHosting (when they had all that trouble) to StaticHost much easier, but I'm now wondering about frying pans and fire.

dalemorson said:
what if he doesnt come back though!?

Dale

What TLD is the domain? .co.uk?, if so call nominet, they will bring a legal dispute on who owns the domain & you may have a chance of getting it back. If not then you will need to wait for Steve, I tell this to everyone, always register a domain at a known domain site such as namecheap.com

123-reg will help no doubt to recover the domain you will only need to prove you actually own the domain. The same thing happened last year regarding statichost.

downtime

have statichost ever gone down for this long before!?

Ive been with them for a few months and havent experienced downtime this much before

I know there on holiday but they must have some backup plan for things like this!?

Dale

I find it creepy that it went down last year at very close to the time it went down this year...

Still, i remain confident that Steve will sort out the problem. I think Craig (and whoever else is putting him down) ought to stop circling this thread like vultures: subtly putting doubt in SH client's heads.

We should all have a little faith in Steve - he's entitled to a break, right? Sure, it's annoying, but it's not his fault he doesn't have access to a PC. ;)

Last edited:
AbuKing said:
When will he comeback what if he is on a long holiday????

I think we'll just have to wait and see, to be honest. I don't have any contact information for him that isn't internet based, so it's best to just sit tight. I doubt he will be that long, anyway.

Jon. said:
We should all have a little faith in Steve - he's entitled to a break, right? Sure, it's annoying, but it's not his fault he doesn't have access to a PC. ;)

Correct, steve is a nice guy but being a webhost, one should feel resposible & should not leave on a holiday when there is no one else to look after the clients.

Tamranda said:
Correct, steve is a nice guy but being a webhost, one should feel resposible & should not leave on a holiday when there is no one else to look after the clients.

That's also true. Maybe he'll consider hiring some more staff now, since this has happened before.

Jon. said:
That's also true. Maybe he'll consider hiring some more staff now, since this has happened before.

He had staff when it happened last year at the same time whilst he was on holiday. It's very coincidental considering static-host were supposed to have moved data centre's because of the last prolonged downtime.. which was weeks.

I also have problems, and i didnt know this thread existed until someone showed me it on MSN.

This is the link to the thread i had created.
http://www.namepros.com/warnings-and-alerts/218691-statichost-co-uk-small-problem.html

I am shocked that this has happened before and i dont know why i didnt find out, all i know is that i am moving to monaghan once my site comes back up, i owe him £5 anyway.

This is the problem which i am shocked the most about and one of things i found out before i choose static.

http://geekcertified.com/display-87.html

It appears that it has changed owners at least once. I have just found out my hosts real name, lol. That is how bad i am getting at this stuff...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back