• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Start up problem

Nug

Mah Gituar Rox
NLC
While the xp loading thing is up a bluescreen pops up for a sec, and then it restarts.

I've just got a new mother board, what could be coursing this?

Have you tried booting into safe mode?

If that does not work then toss in a XP disk and use the repair function. Thats what I had to do when I swapped motherboards on my computer

Yep, its just driver/hardware conflict most likely.
Windows does not like being taken from one machine to another and will quiet often protest.
Best to reinstall IMO.

Yep, its just driver/hardware conflict most likely.
Windows does not like being taken from one machine to another and will quiet often protest.
Best to reinstall IMO.

No need to reinstall just repair. Then you keep your docs programs and all that it just redoes the parts of windows that would be messed up.

Hi!
I'm in the complete re-install camp as well. I *like* reinstalling. All my PCs here are multiboot..and I don't even store email on the C:/ drive.

I've tried to repair..but unless you know what to tell it to repair..that console is of no use to most folks.

I have advanced my knowledge of how to use that console..but it is clearly beyond the scope of this thread.

I vote to re-install..but..hey..do what you want.

Bryon

Hmm.. the repair isn't working. I made it be able to load longer before restarting.

I ran a CD that come with the mother board (Asus m2n-x plus), that changed some driver files. I pretty sure that's what ----ed it up.

Why doesn't the the repair fix this? I think it said something about raid?

Nope safe mode doesn't work, how can I back up my stuff when I cant login?

Ye, that link i posted is to a "live cd" full of disk utils, scanners and enough to allow you to browse around the net for info. If not, id suggest Puppy linux.

Well I dont need a fancy version if I'm just useing it to make a back up. I'm downloading the link now, I dont fully understand what it is though :p

wth, its passworded :/

No password in the .nfo either. Sorry man :(

did you try minipe.org ?

Nope, damn..

I'm going to try and update the BIOS, do you know how I can extract a .rom file to a floppy? And can I install the new BIOS without starting windows?

.rom file to floppy?

Im not sure how your working right now, Laptop? Live CD? Old Desktop?

Neways, as long as the file is under 1.4mb it will fit on a floppy.
Just extract it to the desktop then copy it across.

Back