• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

SSH Access?

soul814

Not looking for a host at the moment but I will be in a month. I was wondering if any hosts allow ssh access?

We do offer jailed ssh for a additional fee with ip authentication only. Not to many hosts offer it in a shared environment anymore for security reasons.

If you find a paid hosting provider that does offer SSH, be prepared to have to furnish a photo ID or some other form of identification. Some (though not all) providers require this.

Agreed. If there is anything that leads us to question an order, our first step is requesting a photo ID.

Many providers force it as a mandatory requirement. (Example - Hostgator) or they used to...

Hi,
As ssh access is require either for big websites with extensive support and needs or by spammers/scammers. We do offer ssh for our bigger hosting plans and for the business customers or if the customer is requiring it for some specific needs.

Good Luck!

I know that Webhostingbuzz.com and A2hosting.com provides SSH in their shared web hosting package plans. This feature is available on request.

It's dangerous for hosts to provide ssh access, you could get youe server hacked in a few seconds, providing jailed access is safer.

A2hosting.com provides SSH in their shared web hosting package

Does a2hosting.com provide jailed access?

The question was if they offer JAILED access, as I believe jailed access restricts your actions as a shared hosting user?

or wait, do you mean only jailed if provided in shared hosting plans?

If SSH is offered it will be JAIL shell you won't get access to BASH for example - unless the host is a complete muppet, or can trust you implicitly.

Back