• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

SSCentral - please review

I never have posted at a forum requesting a review before, but it's about time I did. I've worked long and hard and would like some feedback and for someone to point out places where change is needed. Mostly because those at my forum haven't given me any and are pretty happy with my work.

http://www.sscentral.net

Please tell me what you think of it. Feedback and where change is needed mostly is what I'd like to hear.

Your colours seem to blend well, the layout is good, nice header, the only thing I would pick you up on, is an introduction, letting us know what it`s all about, well done and good luck. :)

^ Thank you very much, I am getting to add an introduction in our next update! I'll move the "New to water guns?" sidebar item up a bit too.

About the colors, if you need to make colors that blend well, a tool I highly recommend is the Color Scheme Generator. I didn't use it for this site (instead I did lots of work in the GIMP because I don't have Photoshop), but I have been using it more recently. In conjunction with a more advanced editing program you can get contrast matching link colors, grey colors, and more just from a few colors!

Anyone else have anything to say? Please speak up, I am open to all comments and criticisms!

Your site is very well designed Lightning , I would definitely like to seek some advice from you. I would recommend one thing reduce the size of the site updates and give out more data there.Well Done.

Thanks for the feedback, though, I don't think the size of the site updates table matters very much. I was planning on making it larger to get more keywords on the front page, as well as keeping all past updates in their own section.

Nice overall.
Top banner could be tighter. Try "colorizing" that photo in ps so it has that blue-ish color and also maybe a smoother gradient/fade.

S.Clause said:
Top banner could be tighter. Try "colorizing" that photo in ps so it has that blue-ish color and also maybe a smoother gradient/fade.

I'm not too good with Photoshop, could you please explain a bit more or possibly point me to a tutorial?

As for reading my site for an hour, that's exactly what I hoped people would do when they found it. If you're interested, we've got forums too.

Most of these threads die down by about now, but if you have any thing to comment on or criticize, please do.

It's been nearly a week since the time of the last reply. I am in the process of adding a few ideas I've recieved from other forums and this one, but that list is small. If you have something to say, please speak up! I would like some ideas to work on.

Again, it's been another week since the last reply. I've been a little busy, but I have started working on the ideas I recieved.

I would like criticism! If you'd like to tell me where you think I did something wrong, please tell me! This is my largest opportunity thusfar to get ideas for my site.

Back