• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Sponsered vps or dedicaqted server

zimbahost-david

sponsored vps or dedicaqted server

Hi guys we are looking for a sponsored vps or dedicated server

We would need the following 2 IPS, centos or windows,

COntrol panel, kloxo or cpanel for centos, websitepanel, for windows,

can manage it our self

am willing to add your banner on the sponsers page of the site, do reviews on you guys, can help with support,

site is zimbahost.info

Our current vps has got 7 clients on it and is going a bit slow now we run a other vps but we have got openfire installed on it only

Last edited:
Maybe if you could spell 'sponsored' correctly, used proper grammar and weren't so needy.

Why does everyone think they can get a 'fancy' vps or dedicated anymore. Are people really becoming that greedy?

A couple of things:

1) cPanel is not free
2) Windows is not free either
3) Ask for something reasonable

A monthly cPanel license costs $15 at minimum. Windows licensing costs money too. On top of that, datacenters also charge for IP addresses, usually between 1 to 2 dollars each. So all things aside, and assuming that you go with CentOS and Kloxo, which are both free, the host will STILL have to donate between 3 and 6 dollars out of pocket for your IPs as well as the donated hardware and/or resources that could have gone elsewhere. And for what? To have their link appear on a competing hosts' sponsor page? Come on.

Here are a couple questions that should be answered for any prospective hosts.

1. In your plans section, you state: "The plans will be updated soon an the order area also thanks." That was a month ago. What is the space and transfer you are giing your clients?
2. You state no site will be deleted. So you allow people to host illegal material?

If you have only 7 people on a VPS and it runs slowly, then I would suggest explaining what those people are using and hosting to slow it down. Perhaps you should look into that before requesting another.

Also, that forum looks like it is run by a 12 yr old with all the spelling errors.

Why do you need 3 ips? If 2 are for name servers, just use the servers 1 ip in the nameservers twice and use it again for http access, also, be more reasonable... a deticated server or a vps for FREE? How about asking for a reseller with ~15 gb of storage and ~75 GB of bandwith and 1 ip (which the server already has). That will get your chances up and you'll be able to get more clients.

OK then a reseller on cpanel or plesk will do us as we have used all of them

I dont want post2host but can put a link back on each page for you hosts

Last edited:
Here are a couple questions that should be answered for any prospective hosts.

1. In your plans section, you state: "The plans will be updated soon an the order area also thanks." That was a month ago. What is the space and transfer you are giing your clients? they run vBulletin most of them and other high scripts like bugzilla

Also their is probly more than 7 their is only 7 registered on the forums for support I can send the info to the vps for you guys if you want to check it all out

2. You state no site will be deleted. So you allow people to host illegal material? no we do not, we are working on our terms of service the now

If you have only 7 people on a VPS and it runs slowly, then I would suggest explaining what those people are using and hosting to slow it down. Perhaps you should look into that before requesting another.

Also, that forum looks like it is run by a 12 yr old with all the spelling errors.

the site is run by proper people who are all volunteers

they run vBulletin most of them and other high scripts like bugzilla
So these free clients run a paid forum? If scripts are using such high resources, then it would be best for you and your hosting to limit the resource usage. Thats good business.

As for the people running the site, you need to find people that are competent in terms of spelling and grammar, or at least have these people use Firefox with spellcheck. If one cannot type words correctly, then what security will a person feel having their site on there?

I spoke this guy on live chat yesterday. Everybody do yourselves a favor and just not even mess with this one.

I'm not going to post it all here, but essentially this guy is desperate for anything free. When I told him that I would not sponsor a server or VPS for him, he then inquired about a free Plesk reseller account. I told him that I was not willing to do that either. He basically pleaded and tried to bribe me with links on his site, links and/or ads on his client pages, etc. The sum it all up, this is some kid who wants free hosting to be some big l33t host. Don't even waste your time.

Didn't need to go through live chat for that...just check out his posts. That's exactly the impression he gives.

I'm not going to post it all here, but essentially this guy is desperate for anything free. When I told him that I would not sponsor a server or VPS for him, he then inquired about a free Plesk reseller account. I told him that I was not willing to do that either. He basically pleaded and tried to bribe me with links on his site, links and/or ads on his client pages, etc. The sum it all up, this is some kid who wants free hosting to be some big l33t host. Don't even waste your time.

:)
thx for letting us all know.
but I really hope to see the complete conversation.
at least will have something funny to laugh at.
hahahahaa

doesnt make it credible to even with .info domain

Back