• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

splash page.. comments

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not here to argue with you Chips.

I was just trying to beat some sense into Gazal who is obviously a misinformed prepubescent kid with very bad grammar and spelling.

Originally posted by xris
I was just trying to beat some sense into Gazal who is obviously a misinformed prepubescent kid with very bad grammar and spelling.

How bizarre, that's what most people say about you here.

Who'd you have to ---- to get the authority to "beat the sense into people"? If you're going to "critique" people, do it with respect...I assume you'd want the same offered to you. How he makes his graphics is not up to you to decide. If you don't like it fine, but show some courtesy.

Tone it down or I'll have to lock this thread.

Just keep it civil without personal attacks and the discussion may go on.

Originally posted by Todd
Tone it down or I'll have to lock this thread.

Just keep it civil without personal attacks and the discussion may go on.

You have to admit, xris was being rude...

He kind of deserves what everyone's said about him...

:eek:
Ahh, don't lock the thread! :cry2:

This is my last and final statment to Xris. I've calm down abit and here is what i think

1. There are so many ways i could prove you worng, and if i keep going you will just post more crap. I know what you want and i anit giving it to you.

2. You worte!
yes, plenty of them do. 95% of skilled ones do. when they don't, they give proper credit and quote the source. try browsing through.

To my knowldge you are wrong, I have seen so many abstract images at deviantart that do not give proper credit, all i see is. something like this " I made this today and what do you guys think" or i was "bored and came up with this" where is the credit.

3. What pi**ed me off even more is you keep posting something like this
you wrote
* I said YOU COPIED A WIDELY KNOWN LAME TUTORIAL which is also called "trendy 3d spikes or abstract exploding polygons".
I already stated the tutorial you used. Or "widely know old"

* I never called that RIP. post a quote from my post if you can.
Looking at that, my guess on the tutorial you used is almost exact. can you deny it?

and there are more of it. so i'll stop those quotes here. Of course i can deny it. IF you are good with gfx, you should know that everyone has different styles, you can never copy anything exactly, u may get it as close as possible but never exact!

4. You worte!
* trendy 3d spikes is so friggin lame and old now that it is the FIRST thing most 3d newbies learn. Plus, almost every friggin 3d graphics forum is filled with newbies asking questions like "how do I make these 3d spikes" "how to make cool abstract shapes?"

* i worte!
And if the trendy spikes are old then why do people at those art community still using it "

*You wrote
maybe because it is still useable??? hmmm??????

hmmmmm..... my friend's car is old, why is he still driving it?

It doesn't make any sense. If it was still useable why are you calling old and lame??!! are you just trying to pi**ed people off??!! ( i think so)

5. CAN YOU READ CHILD?
when did i say your splash page is rip?
i said your scat.jpg is RIP because you used a picture from Vogue mag and didn't give it any credit or acknowledgement AT the time you posted it.

* i'm old enough to be your father!
And that's, that

Here is a few tips i think you should carefully read, study, or what ever make you remeber it, and never forget it.!

1. Before you go and post comments on people work, regardless of how good or bad it is, you should carefully think before you post, this goes for life in general as well.

2. People uses these board to get ideas and opinion on their work, they do not want to be put down by people like you. They come here to get motivated, and it will only take someone like you to make them think "Oh i'm not good enough". And that goes for life in general as well. ( You really need to grow up)

3. I have search this board looking for your post, and what i can see is that all you posts are full of it. Once again if you dont have anything nice or reasonable to say don't say it. You seems to be putting alot of people down with your posts, this is a community place not a place where you destroy people movtivation, opinions, work and what have you. If you want to do that do it in your own place. Haven't your parents ever teach you manners?

Final note.
I did not come here to tell the whole FWS that i have gfx skills or show it off, i came here to ask for opinions, and that's what people are here for. And neither was i looking for credit for my work.

gazal, relax and don't worry about it. The quote below isn't a review, it is called trolling. Ignore it, and next time just report it and we'll remove it.

xris, I'm going to waste the next 10 minutes of my life searching your posts. If they are similar to the 'review' below, are just flames, trolling, etc., they will be removed.

your photoshop skills or whatever you use for raster graphic seems decent. BUT making just a random shape with 3ds max and slapping it over on some photoshop stuff is not something you wanna call *skill*.
that 3d shape used in your splash page is obviously a random render in 3ds max or some other 3d program. All you had to do was
1. make a cube or whatever basic shape 3ds max automatically creates for you
2. add noise, twist, and all that random stuff
3. increase viewport so you get that nice ever so "trendy" abstract look
4. render
5. take it into photoshop

That technique is very old and almost everyone knows it, even newbies.

and your scat.jpg , I really doubt you rendered that face of female. why?
1. if your 3d skills was good enough to render that face, you WOULD have never used that blue/green abstract 3d shape for your splash page. any decent artist knows that's lame and old.
2. the manipulation you did with the face is not very impressive.
Again, it looks like You just overlayed or colordodged that face with some render 3d shape you made.

using a lame 3d technique is OK
however, ripping ( using someone else's graphic, copyrighted or not, and posing it as if you made the whole thing by yourself) it not OK

Thank you chicken, perhaps xris should be a little more positive. I believe what gazal was looking for was 'Constructive Critism', critism is ok but not what you said, you were just ripping threads off him.

xris: What is your site? I would very much like to review it for you!

It seems this is the only thread, which is good. Point is, I've seen some *very* minimalistic web site designs and although I could have done it, something with the way they did it and how it all goes together made it nice. It doesn't have to be groundbreaking for it to have positive features, and you don't have to insult when giving your opinion.

If it was extremely terrible (I've seen a few sites I've chosen not to comment on because I honestly couldn't think of anything nice to say), then a bit of harsh criticism might be unavoidable, otherwise, just try to be respectful please.

Originally posted by Chicken

If it was extremely terrible (I've seen a few sites I've chosen not to comment on because I honestly couldn't think of anything nice to say), then a bit of harsh criticism might be unavoidable, otherwise, just try to be respectful please.

Chicken, your the man! that is excatly what i'm talking about. of course a bit of hard criticism might be unavoiable, u need them to learn form it. But you don't have to say "i don't think u can call that skills" or what ever he said.

The reasons why I was rude and mean to Gazal is the fact that he used a copyrighted photo (from Vogue Mazagine) to enhance his own graphic. This would have been OK if he had said "btw, I got the picture of the girl from Vogue mags" or something like that *at the time he first posted it *. Did he do that? nope. Later on he proudly displayed his blatant stupidity by argueing that there is nothing wrong with using "stock photos". Gazal, your definition of "stock photo" is WRONG.
* i'm old enough to be your father!
And that's, that
You have not been able to prove it yet.

Yes I was mean and rude, I admit that once again. But at least I've been able to keep most of my arguments, criticism, and attacks directed to gazal ACCURATE, REASONED, and SENSIBLE, as opposed to gazal.
Gazal, I really don't want to offend you anymore but...
You should think more before you post. Learn how to backup your arguments better and counter attacks made toward you.

This goes to the rest of you:
I do not mind you supporting gazal and flaming me.
I guess it is natural for the general public to support the weaker side, no matter how bad of a crime or crimes he and she had done. Kind of reminds me of the John Walker case.

Anyhow, I am done with this thread.
I've had my fair share of flaming. been fun.

The reasons why I was rude and mean to Gazal is the fact that he used a copyrighted photo (from Vogue Mazagine) to enhance his own graphic.
You assumed this, you didn't ask. It could have been a picture of his sister or friend. You happened to be right, but that doesn't excuse your behavior. I get the feeling none of this is sinking in.
Yes I was mean and rude, I admit that once again.
No one cares if you admit the obvious. Apologize for it.
This goes to the rest of you:
I do not mind you supporting gazal and flaming me.
I guess it is natural for the general public to support the weaker side...
The public supports the one who isn't being abusive. That wouldn't be you. Sorry, and you thought everyone would say, "Great job of being an donkey! Way to go!" :rolleyes:
I've had my fair share of flaming. been fun.
Let me be clear and to the point, so there are no misunderstandings. Post flames elsewhere. If you continue to do it here, you'll be banned from the forums. It isn't what we want (obvisouly being a discussion forum, the point isn't to ban people), but you'll have to make that choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back