• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

splash page.. comments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great splash! But splash is always confusing for me though, I can never get used to the text.

By the ways, I love the phpBB2 forums, can honestly it looks more slick than vbulletin.

hey thanx.. for the comments :)
i know the text is just bearly readable. I used one of those unreadable fonts..lol

Nooooo! Aren't you the one who had the lovely green picture on your front page? :eek:

Not that this doesn't look good, but I loved that picture. ;)

NexDog.. thanx :)
Meow.. sorry the green girl had to go :( ..lol
thx for the comment btw

I've made this one.. what do u think?
scat.jpg

Last edited:
NOOOOO! buuhuuhuuuuuuuuu! :crysad: :crysad: :crysad: :crysad: :crysad:

your photoshop skills or whatever you use for raster graphic seems decent. BUT making just a random shape with 3ds max and slapping it over on some photoshop stuff is not something you wanna call *skill*.
that 3d shape used in your splash page is obviously a random render in 3ds max or some other 3d program. All you had to do was
1. make a cube or whatever basic shape 3ds max automatically creates for you
2. add noise, twist, and all that random stuff
3. increase viewport so you get that nice ever so "trendy" abstract look
4. render
5. take it into photoshop

That technique is very old and almost everyone knows it, even newbies.

and your scat.jpg , I really doubt you rendered that face of female. why?
1. if your 3d skills was good enough to render that face, you WOULD have never used that blue/green abstract 3d shape for your splash page. any decent artist knows that's lame and old.
2. the manipulation you did with the face is not very impressive.
Again, it looks like You just overlayed or colordodged that face with some render 3d shape you made.

using a lame 3d technique is OK
however, ripping ( using someone else's graphic, copyrighted or not, and posing it as if you made the whole thing by yourself) it not OK

EXCUESS ME!!!! U have totally pis**ed me off..

First... RIP? that intired image was done by ME!! i did not RIP anyone work.. So before you go and say something stupid thing like RIP check your "SOURCE"

The only image that was not my was the picture of the girl it comes form "vogue mags" i scan it in.."

IF the tenigues is old good who cares.. I think i did a really good job consider i never BEEN, WENT, to graphics school, or touch any art in my life...

Oh BTW here is the the image that you call "RIP"..

mess1.jpg

This is an "ORIGNAL" image that i made in 3ds.. See if you can pin point where i crop the image to the that blue/green thing on the right hand side of my splash..

Need me to send your the "ORIGINAL" 3ds file as well??!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back