• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

sound problem

Kaliber

Kaliber
NLC
Hi,
I get the "no audio device" message when I go into sounds and audio devices control panel section. I do not appear to have any soundcard installed in the device manager, however i have run the install for the drivers and it says its installed.

Is there anything I am doing wrong, I build the computer yesterday, with a new motherboard and everything is working well. Running a P5KPL-VM motherboard, Realtek sound drivers and windows sp2 barebones

CHeers,
Chris

Hello Chris,

I am assuming the sound does not work, and that you have restarted the system since installing the driver.

Have you downloaded the latest drivers from the manufacturer or a driver archive site? Have you checked for any known compatibility issues with your motherboard? These are the things I would suggest checking next.

Yes, I have rebooted, Downloaded the latest driver from the realtek website and the asus website, the sound is onboard, so no compatibility issues lol

Hmmm.... I got exactly same problem with Creative X-FI Audio a couple weeks a go.
Sound and Audio Devices were empty and drive was well installed!
I tried many things but nothing help. Finally i have uninstalled via uninstaller anything related with creative, clean registry with registry cleaner program, restarted pc and then used creative program to update driver directtly from their site.
It seems to help me solve this problem out.

Back