• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Some abuse advice

Albertwu

So, yes we house a lot of servers which are rented via us and we use a third party for unmanaged rentals.

We had a problem, a servers main IP was not working 4+ hours, sends in a ticket as IPMI was playing up and I personally thought it was there end, waited 8-12 hours, got a reply.

Apparently the client had a hacked / phishing site on the server.

Fair play, we all hate this but they said they null routed the IP yet we had no email, yet they say they have emailed but we had non, and they seem to admit they didn't send it and wont provide evidence regarding doing so.

We got this back.

You were hosting a phishing site on your server. This is a failure on your part to properly police your system. You then did not respond to the abuse complaint, so the IP address involved was null-routed. Whether or not you received the complaint is not relevant - it is up to you to monitor your system to ensure that these activities are not occurring.

We consider will this matter closed when you update us that the site involved has been removed.
Fair enough we monitor them but not everything is possible, some things do slip through the net.

This is the funny part.

Whether or not you received the complaint is not relevant
To me this screams guilt - We have had no emails at all we easily get their ticket emails and welcome emails, invoices everything but funnily enough we had no abuse emails.

I am half way arguing with them never mind the fact it took 8 hours just to get back to us on top they are not very appreciative of their clients and seem to be lying about sending abuse emails, they so far have not provided any shed of evidence or even an email they sent it to, so we can't even clear this up for the future.

What would you say? To me it seems they just null routed and didn't care to email.

We have near 10 boxes with this US co and so far planning to move if this keeps up, I thought this company was great but overall now it is getting worse and worse they seem so depressed and fedup to do what they do.

And the fact of their replies and lack of evidence or even an email confirmed sounds strange.

Are we in the wrong here to be upset?

I also love how they offer 24/7 support and can't keep it, and this is a very aged company.

Yes, you are wrong to be upset. Not a big deal. I'm not sure why they would lie to you about the email. Chances are it just didn't go through.

Back