• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

so if i ....

Spaceports will allow it. Just email them first to let em know what's going on.

Originally posted by LawTown Junky
coo i jus wish they had ssi on there planet servers and not jus the cgi server

Yeah, it kinda does suck, but there is an advantage. Since all the php/ssi/cgi/mysql is on the CGI-BIN server, the planet servers are blazing fast :D, and who could say no to upgradable space and 40GBs bandwidth/mo.??

Originally posted by Nick
Spaceports will allow it. Just email them first to let em know what's going on.

They have a 20GB transfer limit though. If you have lots of mp3's, 20GB is not much.

Spaceports has a 40GB transfer limit and yes that is a lot. That's about 40,960 MBs of transfer which is enough for a 5MB file to be downloaded 8,192 times. If you go over that, Steve puts you on a dedicated server.

If you are going to make MP3s why not try http://www.mp3.com, they will pay you too, and you can sell cd (they make them if I understand right)
all in all, if you are going to make music, I think Mp3.com would be the best
--BLK

Spaceports has a 40GB transfer limit and yes that is a lot. That's about 40,960 MBs of transfer which is enough for a 5MB file to be downloaded 8,192 times. If you go over that, Steve puts you on a dedicated server.

Wow, Steve would be nice enough to just GIVE you a dedicated server! That's more than generous. I'd use them, but having to request an upgrade every time you run out of space is annoying.

Originally posted by Cracker
Wow, Steve would be nice enough to just GIVE you a dedicated server! That's more than generous. I'd use them, but having to request an upgrade every time you run out of space is annoying.

They don't literally GIVE you a dedicated server. They put you one one if you get a REALLY BIG site. I think they have about 5-10 people on dedicated servers now.

Originally posted by Cracker

Well, unless you your site grow at a REALLY fast rate, I don't see the problem in requesting an upgrade of space whenever you need it. This is to stop warez from being hosted. Also, I'd have to say spaceports is one of the best FWP out there. Yeah, they do have ads, but they allow the user to place them(although recently they changed their rules to state that the banner must be "above the fold"), and they pay users 10 cents a click. Also, you can add a pop up code if you have frames.

They just changed it. It's only 20GB transfer a month now. Also, you have to maintain a certain CTR percent for your site, or they put multiple popups on it.

Is it just me or has SacePorts became slow as hell over the past two days?

They were down for the last couple of days. They just got back up, everything seems fast to me.

Originally posted by lpok
They were down for the last couple of days. They just got back up, everything seems fast to me.

Figures. 40 minutes after I post they're fast again :p.

i'd use spaceports but i liek ssi kus i liek to put liek a full page design and i can jus use ssi to put a special header with a menu across it kind aliek freewbespace and i can jus edit one file to change it and its simpel for me
kus i hate frames they are lame

bleahg

Spaceports was good once.

They the only good features they have is the bandwidth, and the unlimited space (tho who really needs that much?)

I mean, the PHP and SSI being on their CGI server is useless seeing you cant link to it or anything from any other place.

Ads above the fold? bleahg.
Maintain a specific CTR?
they dont even have any nifty scripts or anything to use.

Back