• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

So I snapped awake at 5AM

foo2thabar

NLC
And found my bedside lamp and overhead light on in my room.

Needless to say I was freaked out because I never leave them on, even if I'm watching TV, much less lying down to go to sleep.

Asked my parents and apparently I used to sleep walk as a little kid (4-5yo). I guess it came back?

If you were doing stuff (for which you'd have the lights on) but you dozed off, it could happen. It's happened to me after partying on a weekend. : )

Nah, I was watching LOST and then went to sleep. I'd gotten home from work around 11:00 and was tired as hell. Lights off for an epic show like LOST.

I did a Lost marathon this winter, and watched all the seasons in about a seven week period!

So anyway, what was with the lights? You had them off for watching Lost but you did something and they came back on?

No, I turned them off while I was watching Lost then immediately went to sleep after, never turning them on. This was around 1AM. I snap awake later and look at the clock - it's 5:02AM. My lamp and ceiling light (which I NEVER use) are both on. I think I may be sleepwalking, which I haven't done since age 4 or 5. Well, 'sleepwalking'. I didn't see anything out of place to suggest I went further than the wall switch.

That or the CIA is trying to fux with me by playing jokes.

On a side note, I'm on episode 119 out of 120. This is my first time watching the series at all, and I decided to watch two to three episodes a night until I got through the whole thing. It's awesome.

Nah man, its the ghost... Not a nice ghost either, things will progress over the next few months and then the ghost will start raping you.

You still live with your parents? :tired2:

No. My parents have been divorced for ten years (or 16 years ... long story, don't ask). I called them to ask if I've sleepwalked before.

I'm going to be living on family land in Louisiana soon. My father lives there as of earlier this year. Not because I'm some lazy spoiled jackass, because I want to go back and finish college with less financial burden.

Last edited:
I want to go back and finish college with less financial burden.

I can relate. I'm 25 and I paid for my school myself, while working 40+ hours a week AND supporting my wife and son. In the end, got my degree with no debt, but my family and personal life suffered drastically.

No. My parents have been divorced for ten years (or 16 years ... long story, don't ask). I called them to ask if I've sleepwalked before.

I'm going to be living on family land in Louisiana soon. My father lives there as of earlier this year. Not because I'm some lazy spoiled jackass, because I want to go back and finish college with less financial burden.
I hear there are ghosts in Louisiana? Do you think one could have turned on your light just as a sign of saying he is happy you are moving to Louisiana ....
:angel:

...I want to go back and finish college with less financial burden.

Two Words: "In State".
I also found that sometimes a "Second Tier School" gives you a *better* education because the snooty school dumps you with nice-but-helpless grad students and sometimes burned out solid professionals escape NYC and 90 hour weeks to go teach at a state school. "Worked For Me".

Two Words: "In State".
I also found that sometimes a "Second Tier School" gives you a *better* education because the snooty school dumps you with nice-but-helpless grad students and sometimes burned out solid professionals escape NYC and 90 hour weeks to go teach at a state school. "Worked For Me".
I fit in the income bracket where the gub'mint pays for most of my school, so residency doesn't matter.

And I will be going to a state school to get that funding. I did the private school thing my freshman year (Oglethorpe) and it was nice (full scholarship**), but I also did the community college thing the next semester and it was fine. Although the community college refused to accept my Calculus credit and tried to stick me in College Algebra. I'd received a B in Calc.

**Was studying Econ, wanted to change to CompSci; Oglethorpe doesn't have CompSci so I left. I'm not attached to any one school. Also, Oglethorpe implemented this compulsory community service program where you have to do x hours of community service, go to x art shows, etc to be considered a sophomore. A lot of people I know transferred out because of that. We'd go to the art shows and some of the community service projects anyways. But requiring it to advance beyond freshman status? That's ridiculous.

Last edited:
Back