• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

smart people

jmiller said:
I don't think that comes from the most credible of resources though.
There was an AP article about it in USA Today though.

Watering lawn with truck gets fire captain in trouble
KOKOMO, Ind. (AP) — A city fire captain has gotten in trouble for mixing work with his home life.

Capt. Kevin Shaffer must repay the department $120 for using a fire truck to water his yard. He also was reprimanded and must pay 35 cents per gallon for the water he used, officials said.

Shaffer and other firefighters were training recently on the south end of town, after which Shaffer wanted to purge the truck's tank.

Instead of dumping the water down on the street or down a drain as is normal procedure, Shaffer put the water on his lawn in the city 50 miles north of Indianapolis, Deputy Chief Pat Donoghue said Tuesday.

"We consider that a misuse of fire department equipment," Donoghue said. "He said he didn't want to waste it. If he didn't want to waste it, he could have watered the department's lawn."

Shaffer said he did not plan to appeal the reprimand or fine.

Hey, I've lighten cigarettes over beach fire before.

It's not showy, it's sometimes necessary.

I agree. Sometimes the only source of heat around is really big

I think I've got a picture of me lighting a cigarette with a great big log with coals on the end. Not in the fire FUBAR style, but it was still badas$ enough. I don't even smoke. I've just always wanted to do that. I havent done it again though. (the next morning it felt like I had a sunburn on my face)

the problem for me with that kind of thing is that whenever I do that, the picture ends up circulating and everyone assumes I'm a smoker.

Back