• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Small, No-nonsense, mostly static site, in return for a visible "hosted by" link.

alfishstik

Hey guys!
I just started up a proprietary software company (mostly open-source stuff), and I really hope to get hosting. I don't have a lot of requirements but some I need to stick to. Here are the details:

Requirements:
  • Fast server. You should be able to prove this somewhat.
  • Great uptime. Anywhere around 97%.
  • .htaccess support.
  • No overselling
  • Unlimited subdomains
  • PHP 5 (I won't be running a lot of scripts, don't worry :) )

Specifications (negotiable):
Disk space: 1GB is totally sufficient.
Bandwidth: I like anywhere around 5-10GB, but again, this is negotiable.

Wants (in order of priority)
  • You are not a reseller. You own your server (this is my reliability test; usually resellers get suspended)
  • The server is close to (or in) Vancouver, BC (low latency)
  • cPanel (I know, it's not a requirement :p)

More about the site
As I mentioned above, this will be for a completely trustworthy, no-nonsense website for a sole proprietary company in the open-source web software business. I have a .com domain for the site already. As we mainly pump out open-source stuff (free!), we don't have any revenue as of yet. I'm an experienced web designer/developer and amateur graphic designer.

I will be providing a link back to the hosting site in the form of a friendly "Hosted by: Your Company Name". The point of this is not to raise SEO through backlinking (although that may happen as a side-feature), but to provide real referrals from site visitors.
And if your hosting company is absolutely amazing (I hope so), I will personally refer people I know to the company. I've done it before and it benefits everyone.

I hope that's not too much... Cheers, and thanks a bunch!
Alfred (alfishstik)

Last edited:
Hi Alfred,

Not really sure how our servers perform up in BC, but I'd be happy to give it a try for you. I do know that we have a few Canadian hosts that utilize our VPSs. We have shared hosting servers in Los Angeles (which I'm guessing would be the quickest...that's the DC our Canadian hosts utilize) and Dallas.

Hi Alfred,

Not really sure how our servers perform up in BC, but I'd be happy to give it a try for you. I do know that we have a few Canadian hosts that utilize our VPSs. We have shared hosting servers in Los Angeles (which I'm guessing would be the quickest...that's the DC our Canadian hosts utilize) and Dallas.

That would be awesome! How about "proving the speed"? (eg. Do you have LiteSpeed instead of Apache, or SSD's, etc.). Or you could just give me some benchmarks.
If you can't do any of that, it's okay too, just PM me the info and I'll go see for myself :)

Thanks!
Alfred

:) Thanks for the kind words. Hopefully we'll get you that speed and uptime you're looking for. We try to be pretty good about that. ha ha!

Back