• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Skype problems

Christofen

I can enter my skype account! As soon as I enterskype it shuts down. i have tried everything I could do, I even restored the sytem! What can the problem be in?

Have you flushed your DNS?

run> cmd> ipconfig/flushdns

Do it twice.

I'd also delete all cookies and temporary files in the browser you are using. Then log out and shut down your computer, wait a few minutes and log back in.

Try uninstalling Skype and installing the latest version.

You may also want to try the following:

Please do a Skype reset:

1. Ensure that "Show hidden files and folders" is switched on.
Click Start and then Run Type "control folders" and click OK. In the View tab, ensure that Show hidden files and folders is enabled

2. Exit Skype : From the system tray >> right click on the skype icon and click "Quit Skype"

3. Click Start >> Run Type: %appdata% Rename folder "Skype" to "Old_Skype".

4. Re-run Skype

I also had similar problem, because of Skype plugins... Uninstall and install it once more (But!!! The newest version!)

That's weird, I have never had any problems with Skype, hopefully I didn't just jinx it. Glad you got it solved.

Thank you, I was facing the same problem and this helped.

Try uninstalling Skype and installing the latest version.

You may also want to try the following:

Please do a Skype reset:

1. Ensure that "Show hidden files and folders" is switched on.
Click Start and then Run Type "control folders" and click OK. In the View tab, ensure that Show hidden files and folders is enabled

2. Exit Skype : From the system tray >> right click on the skype icon and click "Quit Skype"

3. Click Start >> Run Type: %appdata% Rename folder "Skype" to "Old_Skype".

4. Re-run Skype

How do I delete my conversation history?
It is not possible to delete individual conversations on Skype. However, you can delete your entire conversation history. This removes your entire history, which includes:

• Instant messages
  • Calls
  • Voice messages
  • Text messages
  • Sent and received files

When your conversation history has been deleted, it can’t be recovered.

To delete your conversation history:

1. Sign in to Skype.
  2. In the menu bar, click Skype then Privacy…
  3. Under Keep history for, click Clear history.

Ref: https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA...skype-for-windows-and-what-can-i-do-with-it#8

I also never had a problem using skype. Anyways this information help a lot, it'll be very useful for me because i know what do do when i encounter the same problem

thanks
cheers!

Sometimes old version crashed for not filling the current requirement, so install new and latest version of Skype to removing this problems.

some time skype gives problem due to uncompactable platform, that time we need to try to install the most newest version of skype.
as it will not able to work with older version on new resources like hardware or may be software(OS)

my opinion

I am getting same problem from skype,please help me out guys.

Skype often solve or fix known issues, problems, irregularities, inconsistencies, or bugs in the previous version when they release a new update.

To check the version installed in your computer, click menu Help >> About Skype, or click menu Help >> Check for Updates to instruct the software to check if there are newer versions of Skype available

Back