• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

site5 hosting..should i get it?

crash resistant

Just wanna hear what all you experts have to say on the matter

Check out http://www.site5.com/ and put together the clues. Tell me what you think.

They are resellers though, and have servers at http://www.nac.net/

So should I get the executive virtual hosting plan from site5?

Or is there a better deal out there somewhere?

I want the following:

Lots of bandwidth
Equal or over 400 Mb of space
Lots of subdomains
Lots of FTP accounts
At least 5 SQL databases
Lots of emails
Lots of domain pointers
Under 30$ a month
Under 20$ activation
Support forums with good support
Yadda yadda yadda
Cpanel or Adminpanel etc

You see what I am getting at?

Drop me your advice. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Actually that don't resell nac.net they just store their servers at their noc. Don't know anything about their virtual hosting but their dedicated plans are very good.

I plan on running an active forum on virtual hosting. :eek:

And giving subdomains and ftp accounts to coworkers and trusted fellow webmasters.

About an active forum, how many users are we talking about here?. We may be able to arrange some sponsorship or something similar. Email/private message me the details.

Robert

Hi,

Being a long time Site5 customer, I can honestly say that they are one of the best host's I've been with, ever.

I started out using their WebExec plan, and have since moved on to one of their dedicated server plans.

Definatly worth a try.

Site 5 was one of the one's I contacted while looking for a host and they answered pretty quick. I recommend them, although I went with my current host because it is cheaper.

Their site is up.

I have made my decision.

I am going with VO. And once I pass their V350 plan (i think that is the name) , I will cancel and move to site5's exec plan. :)

Thanks fellas.

I have used site5 before

They are excellent ... but very strict on CPU usage.

I got booted off because I hit 25 gb in 15 days [oops!]

They disabled my FTP and site before I got an email 3 days later.

It took a while to work out things, but I ended up moving to RackShack.net and getting the rest of my money back.

We used to use their virtual hosting for dkAds ad server for a while,
when the CPU usage got out of hand they disabled the acc for an hour while we worked things out.

They then allowed us to continue using the virtual acc for a day until they could have a dedicated server up. Then, they moved everything over from our virtual acc to the dedicated box, and then switched the DNS over. We had minimal downtime and a quick, cheap switch over onto our new server. This was a several months ago.

The whole support team at site5 is very helpful.

Back