• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

site statistics

I still say finding a good CGI/PHP script would be the way to go. I used to like thecounter.com, but all the free stat sites are down way to often.

I have thecounter.com running on two of my sites, and also counters from counter.com... It does seem that, although thecounter.com is considerably better than they were, they do miss a few hits everyday. :(

I wish I could. I'm still searching for a reliable script that can keep such detailed stats as thecounter.com

Free Statistics... are mostly sucky! hitbox is good but it puts a big ugly button and sometimes the JS code mixes up with other js and makes ur page stupid. Thecounter.com is good.. but won't count some of the hits sometimes.. ITs always best to use a Server side script. Most hosts have Webalizer, which is a great stats proggie.. other wise just find a PHP or Perl script that has good reporting with referral info. Graphical stats wud be nice too.

Originally posted by lpok
I like http://www.webtrendslive.com

They have alot of nice features, and they only require a small button.
I believe dnsd said that webtrendslive was too complex for him. Also, thecounter.com's tracker is slow and causes load time for the site to increase enormously. They also have a messed up script in which if thecounter.com's server goes down, your site cannot load.

webtrendslive

the problem with webtrendslive is that it is too good. if u want a general picture of site hits, it is very difficult to obtain.

but i think - they are the best

Re: webtrendslive

Originally posted by dnsd
the problem with webtrendslive is that it is too good. if u want a general picture of site hits, it is very difficult to obtain.

but i think - they are the best

I don't see why it's too complex. :confused: If you need a general summary of hits, there is a "summary" page in the stats. I tried all the counters people have suggested here, and I still think webtrendslive have the best and most organized stats. But that's just my opinion. :p

Back